Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Yeah, I"m crazy (child mentioned)

Yeah, I"m crazy (child mentioned)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 04-02-05, 12:55 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Yeah, I"m crazy (child mentioned)

Hi everybody! I still lurk here to see how everybody is doing. I don't feel like I have a whole lot to contribute since we had taken a break from the whole IVF process since the arrival of our daughter.

DP called my insurance company yesterday, did the math, basically figured out the whole thing for us and it looks as if we can save about $4,000 by doing 2 FET's before my COBRA runs out on June 30. Hopefully, we will be able to squeeze 2 in there before then.

Sounds like they want me to try a medicated FET first and if that doesn't work, we can then just do a natural FET (and I was thinking about combining an IUI with that FET since we have so much sperm in the ole cryotank at the RE's office!). I'll start taking the bcp's today and looks like we'll have a mid-May transfer. I think we'll stick with transferring 2 blasts at a time (we have 13 frozen).

For once I will not be upset by a BFN!! Well, maybe a little, but Shaye has changed our world so much that I won't be that upset! We are so in love with her!!! I figured we might be a little crazy for trying so quickly for #2, but we can save so much money. Plus, I've always wanted 3 or 4 kids anyway, so I figure the sooner the better 'cause I ain't gettin' any younger

! If the FET's don't work, we'll then probably transfer the remaining 9 to DP's uterus over the next couple of years. In the meantime, we plan on adopting at least 1 more baby in early 2006 and if our FET's never work, probably #3 and #4, too!!!

I have never been happier in my life!! I can finally come to these boards and not feel severely depressed, like in the past. I'm enjoying being a SAHM and not having to deal with any work or IVF stress has been exactly what I needed! Shaye's birthmother's parental termination is this Tues. (April 6) and our social worker see's no problems at all. There has never been any visitation requests and she or the alleged father has never shown up to any of the court hearings. I'm still nervous, but on Tuesday we will be celebrating and breathing a huge sigh of relief!

Wish me luck on this upcoming FET!!

Old 04-02-05, 01:57 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

OMG Maddy!!! I remember you from when I used to post here and I just want to say HUGE CONGRATS to you and your DP!!!! I had no clue you were adopting, I had stopped lurking here because it just hurt too much when I couldn't even try. Shaye is absolutely beautiful.

Old 04-02-05, 02:18 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I'm so happy for you, Maddy!

I think trying right now is PERFECT. Your body is relaxed and the pressure is off. This is exactly when it will work!

I wish you luck and +++ vibes. I would love to see that angel with a sibling!

Old 04-04-05, 02:56 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hoping things continue to go well for you guys Maddy!

Old 04-04-05, 05:20 PM
Waiting for that BFP!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Wonderful news, Maddy! Wishing you all the best

Marie xx
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools