Baby Corner

Old 12-04-05, 03:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Yikes...what a morning

So I can't believe what I subjected myself to this morning...by accident. I decided to go to church this morning (that I don't do all the time) and of course THIS morning they happen to be doing a baby's christening mass!! There were all these adorable little babies and I just kept alternating between wanting to break down and cry and wanting to throw up from this pit in my stomach. I'm catholic and I don't ever recall there just being a christening right at the beginning of a standard mass before. I'm standing there thinking "What the heck is God THINKING putting me through this?!" Anyway, I got through it but I was not prepared for all those feelings, just going to church for goodness sake.

Then I tell my mother and she says, "yeah I got stuck in one of those once and the mass was 1 1/2 hours long." I'm like "Ma, the time was not by problem are you that clueless?" And the answer is YES. Does anyone else have a mom that just doesn't Get It? I'm starting to lose all patience with her. Okay, enough pity party I have some presents to wrap. Hope you girls are having a good day.

Old 12-04-05, 04:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well maybe you can take that as a good sign silly! My mom is TOTALLY clueless. I tell her I don't want her to come out till I take the baby home but she doesn't hear me at all. It's also a good sign that your mom is agravating you! Smiles girl, smiles. How are you feeling otherwise? Leslie

Old 12-05-05, 09:44 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

StacyLynn-
I am w/ Leslie that is a good sign!! I was at a Christening for my second Godchild yesterday as well, Catholic, the mass was first which was an hour then the Christening was 45 minutes....it was lovely but I don't remember them being that long. I can totally understand your feelings on that, but that sounds like a good sign. And there must be something about Moms and Daughters...my Mom is the SAME way. I love her dearly but man she can get on my last nerve sometime, I think that is normal....Good luck, can't wait to hear that BFP on Friday! woohoo I find out the sex of our baby on the 8th! So it should be an exciting week, I am praying for you girlfriend. So how are you feeling? any problems?
Take care.

Old 12-05-05, 02:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm with the others on it being a good omen. Horrid and painful as it was to have to go through, I always found it so much harder to deal with things like that when I was caught unprepared for them

I'm so sorry that your mother wasn't understanding

Old 12-05-05, 09:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I agree-good omen! I had a similar experience...my wonderful post transfer reading?? The dog book...great by the way, but his wife has infertility issues, a m/c and has to be on bed rest, etc...I was thinking "do I really need this right now? This is supposed to be a funny, touching story about a dog!!!!!" As far as moms go, mine took a long time to finally "get it". Hopefully yours will never have to fully understand

Last edited by bonnie; 12-05-05 at 09:42 PM.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools