Baby Corner

Old 12-15-04, 07:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Your Prayers Were Heard

There is something to be said for the power of prayer. Your prayers were heard, my friends, caring lurkers. Thank you all for your kind words, except that is for Sarah

I went for b/w and then went to my dr's office. He got a new u/s machine last week while his nurse (my new best friend) was on vacation. She said it can pick up really early pgs. I said you're not going to pick up anything here. By my calculations, I am 4 weeks 1 day. We all know you can't see anything until 5 or 6 weeks. Well she wanted him to test the machine out on me so she could see for herself. I figured if it was so sensitive then he could humor me by checking out my left tube to see if it was swollen for my peace of mind (by the way, there has been no throbbing since Monday). So I'm lying there and he says....do you want to see the little guy? Yes! I'm twisting my neck to see the monitor and straining my eyes to see what he is talking about. He said that bubble there. That's your embryo. I squinted at my picture of my "bubble" at work for so long that my eyes tired out and I fell asleep at my desk. Pretty picture, you can imagine. Fortunately, no one walked into my office.

My beta doubled. Yippee. It went from 101 to 205.5. I hope it continues to double. I would really like to watch the bubble grow. Oooh, I felt a twinge when I typed that sentence. The bubble must know that I'm talking about it. My P4 was 71.7 and my E2 was 290. I wasn't concerned about the drop in my P4 level. It's still high enough. And God knows I'm on enough supplements. However, I was concerned about the E2. My E2 was 1700 last week. I figured it was time to call my IVF clinic and let them know that I had tested earlier than requested. The nurse at my clinic said my E2 level was fine. I just wish it was higher. Dr. Glinda can take care of that with her medicine cabinet. When I called my best friend nurse, she said that the E2 was on the low end but still in range. She said it needs to be greater than 200 at this point.

So tomorrow morning I go back to my savior dr and have another IV thrust into my arm. I will wear a fanny pack for the next 10 days. It will contain the IV drip bag and the IV pump which will be connected to wires that go up my arm. I will have to carefully pick out my outfits to camouflage the wires. Last time I did this, it was the summer and wearing long sleeve shirts looked a little odd.

I straighten up every time I have a lower back pain. I know it can be a sign of pg. Unfortunately, it has always been a sign of m/c for me. Hopefully, it will continue to remain a sign of pg and I will just have to learn to live with it without thinking the worst (was that neutral enough for you Sarah

)

Once again, thank you all so very much for keeping me in your thoughts

Old 12-15-04, 08:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Glinda,

I am so excited for you !!!! Tons of sticky vibes for you and your little bean... I know this is it. Don't worry, everything is going to be GREAT and you WILL be holding your little baby in 9 months !!! When is your next beta or U/S ? Keep us posted for sure....

YEAH FOR GLINDA AND LITTLE BEAN !!!!!!!!

Old 12-15-04, 08:39 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 201.43%

Love ya, mommy!

Old 12-15-04, 11:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

(also posted on DI board!!) YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh I am soooo happy and excited for you!! I told ya it was vacant temporarily in heaven while everyone was down here watching over you. You had some real overcrowding in your room while everyone was watching that monitor, I'll tell ya that!! Been thinking about'cha all day. This is the one sweetie and you sooo deserve it!! Congratulations. You will be an amazing mommy!!

Old 12-16-04, 02:29 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

My warmest congratulations!

susanne
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools