Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   Fertility Treatments (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/fertility-treatments-299)
-   -   For those that remember me (birth announcement) (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/fertility-treatments-299/those-remember-me-birth-announcement-249357)

JB 08-20-05 08:49 AM

For those that remember me (birth announcement)

I was on this board for quite a few years in which time I went thru the diagnosis of unexplained infertility, 5 miscarriages (naturally conceived) and 7 IVF's (6 stim cycles). In those cycles i have had 1 cycle cancelled just before egg pick up, another cycle where all embryos were shown to be abnormal thru PGD and all other cycles but one we never had any frosties although i produced a good number of eggs for my age.

On my 3rd IVF cycle Analeise Christine was born in 2002.

November 2004 we had one lone ranger frozen embryo tranferred from a cycle back in June. We decided to transfer this and put IVF behind us and start afresh in 2005.....this embryo stuck!

4 IVF cycles later on August 9th at 8.08pm I gave birth to a healthy son we named Dylan John. He weighed 8 pounds and 11 ounzes at 38 weeks. I had a caesar cause he was lying transverse and I had developed pre-eclampsia and was on bedrest. When they pulled him out he had the cord wrapped around his neck 3 times so he was definitely meant to come early. He also had some fluid on his lungs and needed oxygen and was in an isolater for 2 days but fine otherwise. Also discovered he is tongue tied but a little snip procedure will fix that in the next few weeks.

I turned 42 a week ago so feel very blessed we were able to have 2 healthy children and i can now put the past 6 years of infertility and IVF's behind us. I hope for success and a short journey for all of you as this path is very difficult to travel. Thanks too to those who have supported me throughout the years. I know others have done it much harder than me, but i hope maybe my determination and perseverance will help just one person here continue to strive for your dream, even when things seem really bad never loose sight of the prize at the end.
Best wishes.
JB

ALICIAE 08-20-05 10:29 AM

Congratulations on your new baby.

Alicia

Celia_M 08-20-05 03:38 PM

I remember you JB :nod: CONGRATULATIONS on your :bboy: !!! :dancing:
I was thinking recently that you had to have had your baby or it must be soonish now. Thankyou for coming by and updating us :grin: Wishing you and your family every happiness for the future! :flower2: :hugs:

erinjj 08-20-05 11:04 PM

Congratulations JB!

What a perfect family you have! Welcome to the world Dylan! :bboy:

glinda 08-22-05 12:11 AM

I'm glad you shared your story JB. We both know how long and hard this road can be. However, we can let women know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Love to you and your family :heart: