Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   Fertility Treatments (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/fertility-treatments-299)
-   -   Stacy (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/fertility-treatments-299/stacy-261590)

jjello 11-11-05 07:57 AM

Stacy

Has the witch showed yet? I'm wondering how close we'll be timing-wise.

Normally I'd be expecting her myself Sat-Sun, but with the BCPs and Lupron, who knows when she'll decide to show?

Saturday is my last day of those nasty BCPs, yahoo!

BTW, what kind of protocol are you doing?

Julie

StacyLynn 11-11-05 06:02 PM

Hey Chickie!

No, AF hasn't shown up yet. Today is cd30, so who knows how long I'll have to wait. After my 1st ivf cycle, AF didn't show up until like cd35 or something. But anyway, so when she does show which will be cd1, I go to my RE on cd3 for baseline u/s and bloodwork and start my stims that day. Then I'll probably be on them for about 10 days then hcg shot and ER 36 hrs later. So if AF showed up on Sunday, I'd have my ER on about the 26th.

My protocol is Follistim and Menopur, then introduce Antogon towards the end so I don't ovulate. What's your protocol? And how are you doing with the shots? Okay I hope. DH still offering to help out? lol My dh gained alot of respect for me after seeing what I had to go through again and again and gives me credit for being very strong. Not that he didn't respect me before, but this is on a whole other level neither of us had any experience with. I think your dh will feel the same way.

So how are you feeling? Mood wise and all?

jjello 11-12-05 05:59 PM

Unbelievable - today is CD #29 for me, and she hasn't showed yet either.

I think our protocol is very similar - I have Bravelle and Menopur, and there's also a box in there called Novarel. It's a little embarrassing but I still don't exactly which drug is for what - when I started I was so freaked that I could only handle one piece of information at a time - I didn't even LOOK at the other stuff. But this week I'm going to lay it all out on the table like I'm supposed to and make sure it's all there.

All the injections are subcutaneous (which is going fine, thanks for asking), and then the progesterone at the end is a suppository. The normal supp is Crinone, which I think is a gel? but if I'm randomly chosen to take the trial drug it will be Endometrium (I think that's the name), which is a tablet.

I certainly hope my DH respects me for going through all this! He would never say anything, but I'm more afraid that he will become completely sick of me! :-)

BTW, which IVF center are you working with?

Talk to you soon,
Julie

jjello 11-14-05 08:51 PM

Hi Stacy,

The witch has officially arrived, so today is CD#1 for me. How about you?

Julie

StacyLynn 11-14-05 10:16 PM

OMG JULIE, ME TOO!!!

Today is my cd1 also and I start my follistim and menopur tomorrow, which is weird because originally they told me cd3 but whatever. Nothing worse than going in there with a full blown AF and having to get a vag. u/s! yuck! So I guess I'm still looking at ER the weekend following turkey day. How 'bout you?

Oh Julie, I PRAY this works for us this time.

So did you check out all your meds? It's exciting isn't it? You know which ones to bring with you to your baseline? Hope your shots are going okay. Talk to ya soon cycle buddy.