Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   Fertility Treatments (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/fertility-treatments-299)
-   -   update (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/fertility-treatments-299/update-353864)

Saira 11-15-07 06:10 PM

update

O.K. so I'm coming out of hiding for a bit. Just finished diui #8 with a whopping BFN and Af showing 3 days early how sucky is that! To top things off, at my cd3 check, my doc stops in to "talk" and says he thinks we could give it 1-2 more tries then we need to move on to more high tech methods. In non doctor talk that translates to IVF which of course insurance does not cover and will cost us around $8000 per try or around $17000 for 2 fresh cycles + any FET we can get out of that. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was proud that I didn't cry until I got home (55 min drive with the neccessary errand stops). I feel almost as bad as I did with my miscarriage, like someone has gut punched me. So now I get to look into refinancing the house or winning the lottery.

I'm feel completely lost.

eds1999 11-15-07 06:34 PM

i feel your pain. at our 8th iui (which did end up in pg but was ectopic) the dr mentioned stopping iuis and moving on to IVF which just isn't an option for us. no coverage at all and 2-3 hours away. i felt like just giving up altogether! so i know how you feel. we just did our first cycle after the miscarriage and it failed miserably. i wonder how long we'll keep this up! its hard to keep hope. we might not ever have any kids at all!

happe2day 11-15-07 07:44 PM

to both of you i have not been in your situation but thought that i would give you guys a great big hug for support :bighug: good luck in the future and i :pray: that you get some great news soon

pajamas 11-15-07 10:21 PM

I don't think they can force you to do IVF if you just can't afford it (which most people can't). I would hope that they wouldn't refuse you treatment for doing more IUIs. But you do have at least a couple of more tries in you, so try not to worry until you have to. Easier said than done, I know. My DH and I were sent into a frenzy last year when we realized our donor wasn't available anymore. So many things in this situation are out of our control, and none of it is fair. It worked out for us, and we found some more samples, so just keep the faith and hopefully things will work out for you as well.

Saira 11-15-07 11:04 PM

Thanks for the hugs and hopeful words. I'm having a hard time keeping hope so it means alot right now.

Luckily, your right, they won't force us into IVF, in fact the doc was very nice and reiterated that we could try IUI's as long as we want, but he was also very honest that our odds of getting pg via IUI this far into the game are 10% each cycle. They would be 50% per cycle with IVF.

We have 10 vials left of our donor,(bought the last 5 in existence after the miscarriage) and it has taken more than 1 vial for many of our IUIs(we started with 16), so I do worry about running out. I think financially it will be a burden to do IVF, but we have the equity in our home and worst case we could swing it, it's just not going to be pleasant.