Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   Fertility Treatments (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/fertility-treatments-299)
-   -   new to the long road (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/fertility-treatments-299/new-long-road-356125)

crazyanimallady 12-13-07 10:45 PM

new to the long road

Hi everyone, i am so glad i found this group.. I am new to the whole fertility treatment, my husband and I want a baby so bad. He has 2 sons from a previous marriage and I have 1 son from a previous marriage. He had a vasectomy after the birth of his youngest son 10 yrs ago, we have talked about reversal, but the dr says the percentage is low that it would work. I am 30 yrs old and he is 44. I met me soul mate with him and my best friend. I have wanted another child for a while now and we have discussed all the options and finances way out adoption and reversal. We have decided to use a donor. We had our first appt. with the fertility center last week and went over the whole process, today we saw the counselor ( which they have you see if you chose this option ) and we did all our blood work. We have spent alot of time going over donors and have narrowed it down to our picks. BUT, because I was on the depo shot for 9 yrs ( have been off the shot for8 months now ) and have had 2 regular menst. cycles I should have ovulated this week and the test showed negative, the dr. says that if i do not ovulate bt January then they may try clomid with me, we are planning the first insemination in Febuary if my ovulation returns. I am a emotional wreck, I cant go to the store without going to the baby section, we have already picked out names, and I cry at movies with babies in it. I know we have 3 kids, 1 of mine and 2 of his, but we want so bad to have a bay together. The first thing I think about in the morning is a baby, and the last i think about when i go to bed. How does everyone deal with the emotions of not knowing if it will work? what if my ovulation does not come back right away? my husband is worried if it takes several yrs and he is 44 now, then what?
please I need you ladies now to help me through this emotional roller coaster
thanks
longer for a baby

happe2day 12-13-07 11:10 PM

:welcome: :wave: i am sorry you are feeling this way this group of ladies are great here. i personally havent been in your situation but i wish you luck in your journey to concieve and hope it happens very soon for you. keep posting here and believe me you will all the support you need. good luck :tup2: in your new year and hope for that sticky bean soon!!! :bighug:

pajamas 12-14-07 11:45 AM

It's great to see some new members. I am currently ttc #2. I have a dd who was 2 in July. I used clomid for our 4th try last month, but got a bfn. We didn't know at the time that we would have to skip a month in between because of left over follicles, so you might want to ask about that. With clomid, our clinic does b/w and u/s on cd 3, 11, then a trigger shot the night of the 11th and the insem done 36 hours later.
I know the longing for more children. I'm 35 and my dh is 39, so I feel the clock ticking.
Best of luck to you.

:domesticgoddess: 12-14-07 12:24 PM

I know it's hard, but try not to think about it too much. Stress and worry can really mess with your cycle. It sounds like your doctor is right on target. If your body doesn't start responding on it's own, you will have the Clomid to get things going. I bet you will be pregnant before you know it! Please be sure and ask any questions that have along the way. There are lots of women who have been through this same journey (myself included) and we are happy to help and support. :bighug: Welcome!

crazyanimallady 12-14-07 01:04 PM

Thank you everyone, it is great that there is this type of group out there....I am very new to this whole process, so if anyone can explain all the abbreviations you use when talking it would sure help me know what you are talking about...lol.. such as ttc, dd, and so on
I am sorry if i sound ignorant but i am new to this whole thing
thanks a bunch for everyone being there