Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   Fertility Treatments (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/fertility-treatments-299)
-   -   symptoms? (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/fertility-treatments-299/symptoms-386802)

pearlgirlulm 01-15-09 10:37 AM

symptoms?

Okay... I don't know if this is related to the IVF shots and medicine so far but I am so exhausted. I mean like all the time. I am usually tired in the morning but once I wake up I am good to go. Well not any more. I have had to actually put my head down at work and take a nap.

I am also extremely thristy all the time, (which Tracey prepared me for by telling me to drink plenty of water) but I feel like I have to pee all the time. I mean all the time!!! I will go use the bathroom and when I stand up and walk out it will feel like I have not even gone to the bathroom.

I am also bloated. Don't get me wrong, I am not a skinny girl but I can telling that I am bloating.

Anyways, I just had to get that out there. I am trying not to complain because I am just so grateful to be going through this and have this opportunity.

Tracey and Neil 01-16-09 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearlgirlulm (Post 2913206)
I am so exhausted. I mean like all the time. I am usually tired in the morning but once I wake up I am good to go. Well not any more. I have had to actually put my head down at work and take a nap.

I had this too hon, it is more than likely caused by the downregging drugs. I was completely exhausted! It did improve a bit when I was a few days into the stimming shots though.

My top tip is to nap whenever you can!!

Quote:

I am also extremely thristy all the time, (which Tracey prepared me for by telling me to drink plenty of water) but I feel like I have to pee all the time. I mean all the time!!! I will go use the bathroom and when I stand up and walk out it will feel like I have not even gone to the bathroom.

Being thirsty is not something I had, but then I drank so much that I don' think I had a chance!! And although I did go to the loo a lot, it was usually at least 30 minutes before I felt I needed to go again. But then my bladder has been stretched over the years by not being able to go to the loo when I needed to, so I think I can go a lot longer than average. I would want to just rule out an UTI, so perhaps just pop and see your Dr.

Quote:

I am also bloated.

I too had bloating, and you'll find when this cycle finishes, and you get your BFP, this will not go away!! I started to wear maternity jeans while I was stimming as I bloated out so much, and it never went down!! If you're not stimming then you might find that exercise helps a little, failing that try some of the 'healthy bacteria' yogurts/drinks, if some of the bloating is digestive tract related then you might find this helps a little.

Other than the side effects you've mentioned, how are you feeling hon? How's the cycle going?

pearlgirlulm 01-16-09 04:22 PM

The cycle is going okay. I finished the birthcontrol on Tuesday. I started to have a period today which I am hoping is really heavy (sorry for TMI) but on my last sonohyst they said that my lining was too thick and really needed to shed.

Being exhausted is hard to deal with. I am such an energetic person so the fact that all I want to do is sit around or sleep is hard. I just do not have the energy for anything else.

I have been pretty calm, more calm than I ever am. I do have a sense of peace about this. The only thing that makes me a little nervous is they said that if my lining was still thick on Wednesday that they would go ahead and do the retreivel but not the transfer until after I have surgery for the third time!!! So I am hoping when I go in on Wednesday that my lining looks good. I am ready to get this whole process over with. I am working two jobs right now and as soon as this process is done I am quitting one of them. The only reason I have stayed this long is because the one job pays for IVF.

Tracey and Neil 01-17-09 02:16 PM

My cycle bleed was very heavy and a lot more painful, so I hope it's the same for you hon :xfingers: