Baby Corner

Old 03-03-10, 05:08 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy Dumping of the soul (long)

I didn't know where to post this.I figured it in some way has something to do with weight loss and fitness. *I'm not trying to offend anyone I just need to let this out!
So Im on my way to the gym this morning when my ex husband calls me (we are still really close,his family is mine also) and tells me that a guy that we went to high school with (Ron)and are still friends with (not close) died Friday.
Ron has always been heavy and went through fases where he would get heavier (average was about 380).He had health problems that resulted in his weight. Ron has always lived with his grandma,she had money and gave Ron whatever he wanted.
Friday his grandma went to the doctors and came home to find Ron dead. We won't know the exact cause of his death until the autopsy is done but we all know it is because of his weight or weight related.
I was shocked to hear about it so before going into the gym I took a deep breathe.I was going to make this workout count (I kept thinking) I got up on the treadclimber and kept thinking about Ron and the time in High school he got in a car accident infront of my house (I lived right accross the street) the funny thing was it was his brand new car his grandma bought for him and he was showing off in front of his new girl friend.
I just couldn't concentrate...I kept fighting back the tears. He died way too young,he was only 33!
Thank you for reading this..I needed to let this out.
I did burn 350 today and my legs are sore.
I just couldn't stop thinking of Ron and his family!

Old 03-03-10, 05:20 PM
is just one of those weird girls.
A work in progress

Thanked 84 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm sorry to hear about your loss hon.
Thank you Mommy2Matthias!
countrycutieluv (03-03-10)

Old 03-03-10, 05:37 PM
is enjoying the warm weather
VIP Member

Thanked 624 Times
Weekly Activity 420%

Awe

that's so sad- and scary.
Thank you Sheri!

Old 03-03-10, 05:44 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

The thing that bothers me the most is the last time I seen him in June I was in to big of a hurry to stop and talk to him.
His dad is a really close friend of another friends grandpa (very close to this friend and grandpa...live right down the road) so we would run into or see his dad or Ron.
In the past few years there has been too many sudden deaths in our family so we are trying to learn not to take anything for granit......then this happens.

Old 03-03-10, 07:29 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Thank you rudolphia!

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools