Baby Corner

Old 05-13-08, 08:14 AM
VIP Member

Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.91%
Unhappy Just feeling down

I never used to be fat or have weight issues. Of course, as a teenager I thought I was and did, but in retrospect I was so stupid. I was able to wear anything from a 5 to a 10 (depending on the maker, though mostly 5/6 or 7/8) when I got married in 1999. I was 18. I weighed 128pounds, and I looked great. After a couple of years I put on a little bit of weight- not a lot, but more than I wanted. And right before I found out I was pregnant with Joey (the tail end of 2002) I was planning on trying to lose the weight. Then I got pg, and it's been downhill from there. I didn't gain that much weight with either of my pregnancies, but somehow in the interim my thighs and butt took on a whole new zip code. Not to mention my baby fat tummy. I know that baby fat is hard to lose, but I don't understand why I developed such a hazard zone in my thighs and butt. I know my tummy isn't all baby weight, so I know I should be able to get rid of most of it too.

When we started actively going to the gym a year or so ago, I was still not seeing the scale show me lower numbers, but I was seeing a more firm and toned body. I was by no means skinny, but I was feeling better about myself and could notice a difference.

Then I started working p/t in January my schedule has been pretty much screwed as far as working in time to go to the gym in concerned. I try so hard to get out and walk and to do what exercises I can at home, but I need the equipment and inspiration of the gym to really get myself moving. Then in an attempt to try to bring more exercise to myself at home, I bought a dance it off video that I thought would be a lot of fun to do. The thing is though, I suck. I suck bad. I have never been coordinated in this aspect, and I just can't get it. I've tried several of the dance programs, and I can't do but like one move. It's just so aggrevating because I really want to be able to do it. I'm sick of being fat and hating the way I look. I just want to be able to do something about it, and it seems I just can't seem to catch a break. *sigh*

Anyhow, thanks for playing a listening ear to my pity party. I'm sorry.

Last edited by the_littleminx; 05-13-08 at 08:20 AM.

Old 05-13-08, 08:47 AM
is worn out from Football 24/7
Proud Mommy

Thanked 95 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

I could have written that post exactly....I am right there with you. I'm sorry the only advice I can give you is to take it one day at a time. Now if only I could follow my own advice.

Old 05-13-08, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

Thanks

Good luck to us both.

Old 05-13-08, 08:39 PM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

I know the feeling!

I have absolutely no motivation recently. I am not happy with the way I look, but when the little voice in my brain says, "Do you really need to eat that? Are you really hungry?" I just ignore it. I have such great intention for exercise, but no follow through. Not sure what I need to do to get my butt in gear.

Old 05-13-08, 11:05 PM
Community Member & Momma

Thanked 7 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

Rebekah, I totally know how you are feeling. After I had my ds back in 1998 I had no time to go out and exercise. Then I found an exercise dvd by a lady named Leslie Sansone. She has a great program called Walk Away The Pounds and you do it in your home. It only involves a few different moves and even my totally uncoordinated self could do it. It really works and isn't too hard at all, but hard enough if that makes any sense. She has all levels and even a walk and jog one. The range goes from 1 to 4 miles and she incorporates upper body and ab stuff in there too. Right now I run either on the seawall or at the gym, but on days when I just want to stay home I do my Walk Away The Pounds dvd. It's really worth a try. :0)

Latest Articles
10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools