Baby Corner

Old 06-28-12, 08:57 AM
is blessed
Mom of Two

Thanked 36 Times
Level: 6
Weekly Activity 1790%
Default vitmain d deficiency

Ok, so before I was not loosing weight, no matter what I did. Then the gyno found out I was vitamin d deficient (level was a 10), after having same symptoms from last year when I was deficient (irregular, very heavy periods, mood swings, fatigue, muscle and bone pain).

I was on treatment (50,000 Vit D2 IU weekly for 12 weeks). Was sure I was gonna lose weight. Nope! I didn't lose weight. Very frustrating and I gave up trying about a month ago.

This happened last year with the deficiency as well, but I lost 25 pounds when I did the treatment. Gain back 10 during the winter (probably when my levels were plummeting!).

So I retested 3 weeks ago, and still my levels were low (23), so they put me on the vitamin again for another 6 weeks. Have taken 2 weeks and now the weight is starting to drop about 1 lb per week without really doing anything different (because I gave up), but I eat very very plain and healthy (whole grains, fruit, lots of veg, chicken, and limited red meat). Took week 3 pill last night, so I'm curious to see what will happen if I add the elliptical training back in.

As for feeling better, yes, my periods are much lighter and shorter and regular, bone and muscle pain mostly gone, still a little tired, but mood swings no more!

For those that are having trouble, it might be good to go get your levels checked! But, do not try to supplement on your own as it could be dangerous, and you can overdose. But I now believe that vitamin d plays an important role in weight control.

Latest Articles
Sympathetic to a Fault? Fathers Who Experience Pregnancy Symptoms
Some expectant fathers experience pregnancy symptoms similar to their pregnant wives. As men become more involved during pregnancy and in parenthood, Couvade syndrome is becoming more common.

PCOS: Lifestyle Changes to Boost Fertility
While PCOS can cause infertility, there are a few things a woman can do to increase her changes of becoming pregnant, including lifestyle changes. Here are a few things you can do.

Winter Babies Crawl Sooner
Does the season affect when your baby will start to crawl? According to this study, winter babies crawl sooner than summer babies.

Kate Middleton Pregnant: Second Royal Baby on the Way
The rumors are true! Kate Middleton and Prince William are expecting their second baby. Get the details inside.

What You Should Know about Enterovirus-68
Enterovirus-68, a respiratory virus that has hundreds of children treated in the hospital is spreading across the country. Here's what you need to know if your baby or child gets sick.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools