Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Ah, sweet relief

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-12-08 | 05:46 PM
  • Yesterday, I spent the two hours while both girls were in school at JoAnn Fabrics and Target doing some Christmas shopping. But by the end, my belly and pubic bone were literally about to break. So while I was at JoAnn's, I picked up some 3" elastic and came home to make myself a belly support belt.

WHAT SWEET RELIEF!!

It worked like a charm and my belly felt so much better while running all of our errands today!

Anyone using a Belly Band or support belt? Maybe it's my big-before-pregnancy belly combined with having my third baby that makes me a bigger whimp.

• tarziesgirl tarziesgirl's Avatar 11-12-08 | 09:23 PM
  • I've thought about it, especially with what I'm going to have to be haulin' around, but I always worried about what position it might force the baby, now babies into. I always wanted to encourage the right position for delivery and was afraid it might push them to move to get more comfortable inside. Now, I have no idea if that would happen, but I didn't want to worry that I had caused something like a breech position.
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 11-12-08 | 09:40 PM
  • I've used one for both of my girls. Actually at baby turning sites they recommend them as it helps the baby get into the proper position. I couldn't walk without mine! They are great for keeping the weight off your bladder too. I didn't have any problems peeing when I sneezed or any of that after my births!

Laura

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-12-08 | 09:41 PM
  • Yeah, I've definitely noticed a difference! I'm going to be wearing it as much as possible!

I bought enough elastic to make two, so I'll probably whip up another so I can have one ready at all times.
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 11-13-08 | 01:07 PM
  • I have a prenatal cradle. Wore my first one out! Its a big elastic get up and does a great job distributing the weight! I bought another gently used one off a local ad when I first learned I was pg. It was the important maternity thing I knew I needed badly. I still haven't worn mine as my back has been generally pretty good so far. I've been thinking of wearing it though to try to help me not get bad!

Enjoy your extra support! Wear it as much as possible and it will give you the most back relief. I would put mine on before getting out of bed in the morning and take it off in bed before I went to sleep! I literally couldn't walk without it! Taking a shower was hard enough, but I have a really bad back!

Laura

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!