Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Appointment question

Reply Post New Topic

• Jen_C Jen_C's Avatar 08-15-07 | 07:43 AM
  • I can't seem to remember the different appointments when I was pregnant with Cora so I wanted to ask all of you a question. My first two appointments I had to undress from the waist down for the internal ultrasounds and pap smear. My last appointment I just had to pull my pants down to my hips so she could get a heartbeat. When do they check things out again and have me spread those legs? I seriously can't remember. I know it's such a random question - sorry! It's just nice to know when I need to "prepare the area" for viewing.

• rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 08-15-07 | 10:47 AM
  • In my office, it's the first appointment, then one around 7 months for the GBS test, then the last four weekly appointments to check positioning and for effacement/dilatation.
  • Susan Susan's Avatar 08-15-07 | 11:47 AM

•  
    i have no idea b/c i go so often that i can't remember what happens at the "normal" visits
  • holly302 08-15-07 | 12:22 PM
  • my first visit i had a pap...then at my internal u/s i had to undress...i think at the last couple of visits i will be checked for dialation, etc.
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 08-15-07 | 01:56 PM
  • Mine was the 36 week appt because she decided to induce, so she wanted to test for GBS...but I was told it would have been weekly after that if I would have gone longer!