Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Appointment question

Reply Post New Topic

• Jen_C Jen_C's Avatar 08-15-07 | 07:43 AM
  • I can't seem to remember the different appointments when I was pregnant with Cora so I wanted to ask all of you a question. My first two appointments I had to undress from the waist down for the internal ultrasounds and pap smear. My last appointment I just had to pull my pants down to my hips so she could get a heartbeat. When do they check things out again and have me spread those legs? I seriously can't remember. I know it's such a random question - sorry! It's just nice to know when I need to "prepare the area" for viewing.

• rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 08-15-07 | 10:47 AM
  • In my office, it's the first appointment, then one around 7 months for the GBS test, then the last four weekly appointments to check positioning and for effacement/dilatation.
  • Susan Susan's Avatar 08-15-07 | 11:47 AM

•  
    i have no idea b/c i go so often that i can't remember what happens at the "normal" visits
  • holly302 08-15-07 | 12:22 PM
  • my first visit i had a pap...then at my internal u/s i had to undress...i think at the last couple of visits i will be checked for dialation, etc.
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 08-15-07 | 01:56 PM
  • Mine was the 36 week appt because she decided to induce, so she wanted to test for GBS...but I was told it would have been weekly after that if I would have gone longer!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work