Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

appointment today

Reply Post New Topic

• Jen_C Jen_C's Avatar 11-27-07 | 02:18 PM
  • Well I had another appointment today. I did the glucose test and drank the clear stuff - tasted just like sprite to me. I'm a bit nervous about it because well, I had 4 pieces of cake last night

I know - I'm a pig!!! So hopefully it will turn out okay even though I oinked the night before. Preston's doing good and everything looks great. I got to see the doctor this time and I love him! He is an amazing doctor. I really like my midwife too, but the doctor is even better. He was asking me questions about Cora's birth and where I delivered, etc. That lead to discussing the other practice I went to and how they induced and I feel like they shouldn't have, and I ended up with 3rd degree tears. So I asked him if that increases my chances of tearing again this time around and he said no (thank goodness!) I guess a small tear is likely since I've already torn, but not another 3rd degree. Thank goodness cause that was horrible! Anyway, just sharing if other's out there tore with their first little ones. On the down side, all of my pigging out sessions have lead to 4 pounds in 2 weeks.

I really need to limit the amount of sugar!!! All I ever want is ice cream, cake, cookies, candy, and chocolate - it's a problem!!!
  • JennaMC 11-27-07 | 02:23 PM

•  
    Sounds like a good appointment overall.

Last edited by JennaMC; 11-27-07 at 02:25 PM..
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 11-27-07 | 02:23 PM
  • Glad that you love your doctor. Don't stress over the test, I am sure that you passed...

On another note...mmm cake...LOL...I am totally craving Black Forest Cake...
  • emg92702 emg92702's Avatar 11-27-07 | 02:35 PM

•  
    Glad you had such a great appointment!

BTW, I also had a really bad tear/episiotomy with Ava (as close to all the way through as you can get without it being all the way through) and had a painful recovery from it. With Keller, I ended up with just a small episiotomy (maybe still a 2nd degree?), but it never hurt at all! I couldn't believe what a huge difference there was in my recovery after having Keller compared to after Ava even though my labor and delivery was similar with them. Hopefully it will be that way for you too!
  • Jen_C Jen_C's Avatar 11-27-07 | 02:35 PM
  • Never had Black Forest Cake! I've been craving it ever since you were talking about those cupcakes you made Farah!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience Erinn! Honestly I don't think labor is all that bad - for me it was all about recovery! That was the hardest thing - to take care of a constantly screaming newborn, having UTI's one after another (I had 3 in a row), clogged milk duct, and recovering from that horrible 3rd degree tear. I'm hoping with this new doctor that it won't be nearly has horrible this time. The nurses in the hospital were constantly giving me ice wrapped in a diaper. They all felt so bad for me that they woke me up if it was time for me to take my next dose of pain killers because they didn't want them to wear off. I can't imagine how you ladies handled having a C-section! Now that has to be super hard!!

Last edited by Jen_C; 11-27-07 at 02:40 PM..