Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > January - March Due Date Club Baby Lola is here!!! this is really long...im still running on adrenaline!

Baby Lola is here!!! this is really long...im still running on adrenaline!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-25-08, 01:15 AM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Default Baby Lola is here!!! this is really long...im still running on adrenaline!

Hi everyone!!

im so sorry it took so long to get an update to you all. we all just got home. dh stayed with me and LOLA the entire time, so no one could post. i am really happy that they let us come home so quickly! Lola is doing amazing! she is so beautiful...i was in love the moment i saw her.

so, here are the stats

Lola was born on January 23, 2008 at 8:12pm. she was 7lbs, 10 oz and 19 1/4 inches...i dont know if you all remember, but Michael was also 7lbs, 10 oz and only 19 inches!! can you believe that? both of my kids are exactly the same! (and here my doc was telling me I was going to have a 9 pounder

)

i am unsure if i post my labor story here, or i do it seperately. right now, i am typing and shoving a soft taco down my throat while Lola is sleeping. I am having a hard time getting her to wake up to eat. She is sleeping constantly. The nurses were WONDERFUL and i have so far not used any formula. she latches on well, but it is getting her to wake up to even latch. i can put in my nipple, and she will suck once and then fall asleep. but, we are still trying. i have a bunch of photos and i will load them on my computer now and give you guys a shot.

i went in to be induced at 8am and the pictocin was started at 9. i was 2 cm dialated and 70% effaced at that time and she was at 0 station. well, i only progressed to 4-5, so by 6pm my OB broke my water...OMG, the contractions came so hard and fast I couldnt breathe. DH was just staring at me. he was so wonderful. he did everything to help me. well, by 7pm i was dialated to 7...i cannot believe i went that fast. by 730 i was a 8 and by 8pm i was almost 10 (she said i had a little cervix ) i dont know when i started pushing, but i do know that i only pushed 6 times before she came out. unfortuantly, i did tear. my OB said he didnt think i was going to tear, so that is why he didnt do the episiodomy. i do have stitches now, but i dont know how many.
She came out at 812pm. when i hit 8cm i couldnt take it anymore and asked for an epi. i was told that it was too late. i screamed and i mean SCREAMED it hurt so bad. i heard my OB say that he couldnt stand to hear me like that and asked for a spinal. it was so hard for me to lean over like that and "shrug" my shoulders. the shot went in and it took about another 2 contractions for the pain to stop...and then i was checked again and told that i would need to push soon! well, that numbness wore off so fast...it was torture pushing...but, i was determined not to have a vacuum again, so that is why i really focused and got her out in 6 pushes.

okay, i know i am just rattling on now. im okay, just my right hip (in the back) hurts SO bad. but, my stitches are okay. alot better than last night.

okay, if i left anything out, please let me know! lol. im going to try to download some pics...Lola needs to eat in 15 mins. it will take me twice as long to wake her.

oh, and her full name is Lola Michelle Herrera

and i love her so much!

Last edited by holly302; 01-25-08 at 01:22 AM.

Old 01-25-08, 01:20 AM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

CONGRATS HOLLY!!!!!!!

to baby Lola - our first girl in the group!

Old 01-25-08, 01:23 AM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

congratulations!
don't forget "on demand". If she's not waking up, she's not hungry. Generally speaking, It takes several days for most babies to be truely hungry.. coincidentially about the same as it takes your milk to come in

So don't give it too much effort the first couple days and ease into it..

congratulations! It sounds like a wonderful delivery!
Lola is a wonderful name.

Old 01-25-08, 01:31 AM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

see, thats what i was wondering.
the nurses said that she had some crystal something in her urine because of dehydration. she said that most breastfed babies in the beginning have that until the moms milk comes in...so, she said to try to feed often.

all of my friends think i am crazy to come home so soon. but, her pediatrician said she looked wonderful and my doctor said i was okay and i said, well let me go home and they said okay...

do you guys think it was bad that i came home so soon?

Old 01-25-08, 01:33 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Congrats Holly, sounds like you had a great delivery overall

This is so exciting, 5 babies now, and finally the first girl for our group, and lovely Lola and Noah share the same birthday... ahh!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools