Baby Corner

Old 02-01-11, 07:28 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Baby Ryan is Here!!

You all were correct...thanks for thinking of me! Ryan came into the world on Friday, January 28th at 11:39 a.m. He was 7 lbs. 6 oz. 19 1/2 inces long. Way bigger than Hope who was only 5 lbs. 12 oz! Thank you Sharyn....I think your wishes were heard! We had a wonderful labor and delivery. I went into labor around 10:30 or 11- right after we went to bed. I laid there having some cramping and then...sure enough..it turned into contractions. I woke DH up around 1:00 am so at least he got a couple hours of sleep, lol. The funny thing is that my early labor was exactly the same with Hope. Except for the fact that my contractions WERE NOT right on top of each other. They were 2-3 minutes apart lasting about 45 seconds the whole time. Our neighbor came over to stay with Hope until my in-laws got here. My labor was slower this time, which was what I was hoping for. I was already 3 cm and 80% when we got to the hospital...and with my history of quick labor they went ahead and admitted us. I LOVED our nurse..and the anesthesiologist even more! I waited until I was about 5 cm. to get my epidural as my contractions weren't that bad. They decided to break my water since it hadn't broken and the nurse made SURE I got my epidural before they did that. We then waited a bit and they gave me just a small amount of pitocin...and before we knew it I was pushing! I only had to push through like 4 contractions and there he was! Born healthy and crying- and no cord around his neck! We had such a wonderful experience. We got to hold him right away and DH was going nuts with pictures, lol. I guess God wanted to make up for last time since Hope's birth was so traumatic. He is just adorable....looks so much like Hope it is scary! We are doing great...he didn't want to latch to the breast so it looks like I will be pumping again- which we had been thinking about anyway as we are so good at it, lol. We got to come home the next day. Hope is adjusting- of course she has been very clingy and a little whiney, but I think she's doing great. She likes talking to him and looking at him- sharing is another thing, but of course we will work on that! I am so very happy that he is here to complete our family!
Attached Thumbnails
To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-01-11, 07:34 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

More pics....
Attached Thumbnails
To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-01-11, 07:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 175 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Congrats!
Thank you onemellogirl!
Mark'sbabygirl (02-01-11)

Old 02-01-11, 07:45 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1187.14%

Congratulations Heidi! He is precious. You have a beautiful family. I showed your pics to Joseph and he saw the hairy leg behind Ryan and said Dada.
Thank you lauralkemp!
Mark'sbabygirl (02-01-11)

Old 02-01-11, 08:04 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

He's totally precious, Heidi!! Congratulations!!

Thank you Dopey406!
Mark'sbabygirl (02-06-11)

Latest Articles
The Importance of Baby Talk and Why Fathers Need to Do it More
A new study shows that verbal communication with babies happens more by Moms more than Dads. If you are a new Dad, here are some tips for talking more to your baby.

Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

Fertility Rates In Career Women Are Rising
Fertility rates are rising for career women, as it is becoming less difficult to raise a family while working. Here are some facts and tips to help guide you along the way.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools