Baby Corner

Old 10-02-07, 12:26 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 172.86%

well we do the ffn tests on people 24-34weeks at our facility... it's to test for pre-term labor just like they told you, near the end of our pregnancies our bodies release this "glue" that prepares for delivery, and if that "glue" is released it's a sign of pre-term labor and possible labor within two weeks, hense the "positive". they are said to be about 99.6% sure if a test is negative that you will not go into labor within 2 weeks, however they are not nearly as reliable if they are positive, they just use the positive as a sort of "what do i do for this pt" test.

terbutaline is an evil drug, it makes you jittery, you will have heart palpations, i'm sure you know all this because you were on it before... but 2.5mg is a low dose, hopefully that will keep you under control.

anything in the vagina can cause a false positive, semen, any type of lubricant, "toys", anything, that's what we always ask if you've had ANYTHING at all in there, it could cause a false positive...

hope that helps..... stay strong holly!

Old 10-02-07, 12:58 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8.57%

wow, im only 22 weeks and they did one on me...

thanks for clarifying that it is not a protein but a "glue" like substance they look for.

im really worried that terbutaline will affect the baby. i looked it up online, but nothing real def. says it does affect the baby.

thank you thank you for the info!

Old 10-02-07, 01:10 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 172.86%

we give terbutaline all the time really.... i don't think there is anything it can do to the baby.. at least i've never heard of it doing anything....

we give procardia as an alternative, which is actually a drug for your heart... but it works as well

Old 10-02-07, 03:44 PM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

so sorry you are dealing with this. Rest up and let DH take control. I'm sure everything will be fine once the meds kick in.

Old 10-02-07, 04:32 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

on a side note-- love that we have Brandi on this board to give up the scoop

Latest Articles
The Importance of Baby Talk and Why Fathers Need to Do it More
A new study shows that verbal communication with babies happens more by Moms more than Dads. If you are a new Dad, here are some tips for talking more to your baby.

Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

Fertility Rates In Career Women Are Rising
Fertility rates are rising for career women, as it is becoming less difficult to raise a family while working. Here are some facts and tips to help guide you along the way.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools