Baby Corner

Old 12-05-09, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default Birthday Party?

This is a weird place to put this but I'll give it a try anyway.

I'm due with this baby on January 18/21 (depending on which date you go with) and Matthew turns 3 on January 26. I want to do something for his birthday, but in reality I will have a week old baby at home.

Josh had a big party when he turned 3 at a place with friends and family. However last year (when he turned 4) he didn't have a big party because we were remodeling the house so we just had something little at the ILs.

I think Matthew is really going to struggle with the transition from "baby" to "big brother," so I do want to do something for him. I'm going back and forth over whether to have it at a place, or at home. On one hand, if I have it at home, I don't have to take the baby out, BUT I will have to do everything to get ready for the party myself. If I have it at a place, I will have to take the baby out to wherever the place is, BUT I won't have to do any of the setup/cleanup. I'm thinking we'll just invite family and close friends, and we have a relatively small family and not too many friends who would come to the party.

What do you think?

Old 12-05-09, 05:54 PM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Weekly Activity 920%

That's a tough one. I lean towards small and intimate and havingit catered! You could have something out that DH runs and you stay home - although, I don't know if you want to miss it. I can tell you that My nephews birthday party was when Kaitlyn was 2 weeks old and I was in no shape to do anything - we barely made it to her house. Good luck!

Old 12-05-09, 06:35 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Can you do it early? DOes he really have a grasp of the calendar? Or are you worried you will go early with the baby? If you have it out and early, you won't have to lift a finger and you won't have to bring out a baby either!

Old 12-05-09, 07:02 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

I would go with out and early, or ask the ILs if they will co-host the party, they get stuff ready and you pay for it.

Old 12-06-09, 02:34 PM
is mommy to 3 divas and a little man
Toddler and Twin Mommy

Thanked 69 Times
Weekly Activity 1720%

I agree with Beth do it early. Or could you wait until early February like the 1st or 2nd? Do like a birthday/big brother party and like amitrat said do something at home with close friends and have it catered?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools