Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

a bit of stress

Reply Post New Topic

• dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 10-28-07 | 08:45 PM
  • Ok so Mike is traveling this week, to help out the Pepsi in Rhode Island. He has been training for a higher management position, and was told a few months back, that once a positipon came up around New England he would most likely be offered the job. They will pay for the re location and all if and when he got the job. He told me this and promissed me nothing would happen till after I had thebaby. The last hting i need to think about is relocating, and moving away from my family whom i am super close to, and being alone with 2 kids, 18 motnhs apart in age. I have put teh thought in the back of my head, until this week. When they asked him to go travel this week, his supervisor told him they would probably be offering him the job as manager at theis location in Rhode Island. There are definitely cons, more money, working days rather then nights, having a house rather then a condo, etc. But I am not ready or able to even contemplate the thought of relocating any time soon. the thougth is scary is causing me so much stress and anxiety. I suffer from panic disorder, and have been having attacks since he told me. I can't imagin the thought o fleaving my whole family to move to a plce where i know noone, and will be a 2 hour car drive away from family. i feel selfish thinking who will help me, but the reality is i am gonna need help, and noone will want to drive that far to help. I just hope the topic does not come up on this trip, and they let me finish my pregnancy beofre i have to make this decision!
  • ~babywanted~ ~babywanted~'s Avatar 10-28-07 | 08:49 PM
  • Wow, I can understand how scary it is, especially since you are so used to having your family there for support.

the timing works out for you and you can put your worry on the back burner.

• rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 10-28-07 | 08:56 PM
  • I hope it works for you. It sounds like there are a lot of pros here, and two hours is not really very far in the scheme of things. I moved 2,000 miles away from my family when I relocated, and for the most part it's ok. Just relax and take things as they come.
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 10-28-07 | 09:37 PM
  • I am sure it will all work out for you. Definetely sounds like some great pros. We live 5 hours from the inlaws and 2 1/2 from mine, and it works out, and you adjust, if it turns out you end up moving, I know you will be able to make the best of it!

• holly302 10-28-07 | 10:18 PM
  • i wish there was something i could say that would make it better for you.

i cannot even imagine how stressful that would be and i hope that you dont have to go through that until after Gavin is born. maybe you can move to calfornia and leave close to me?

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!