Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

A couple of appointments

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 12-12-08 | 03:06 PM
  • Wednesday's appointment went fairly well. My consult was supposed to be first and then the ultrasound. They changed it up when I got there so they did the ultrasound first. As she was finishing up, DH walked in.

I didn't think he was going to come so I was elated when he got there--but bummed that he missed the scan. Baby was still growing, gaining more than a 1/2 pound in a week!!

AND--Baby is no longer in a breech position so hot diggity dog!!

During my consult, the doc decided to put me on "modified bed rest" in order to cut back my dose of meds during the day. So instead of taking 500mg three times/day, I'm taking 250 in the AM, 250 at lunch, and 1000mg at bed. Hopefully this will make me less incoherent/unconscious during the day. So far, I'm still pretty tired during the day but maybe over the next week or so it'll level out.

Yesterday I saw my regular OB and my 24-hour urine result is starting to show protein. Bummer. So I'm going to repeat it in about 10 days and see if the levels change. I had preeclampsia with our first pregnancy, an abruption with our second, so she's concerned that we could have both this time around.

We can't do anything about the anemia because iron supplements interfere with the absorption of my blood pressure medication so I can't take it.

So that's probably contributing to my exhaustion.

I asked her if we're still planning to induce early and she said, "Oh, yes--that's definitely still the plan!"

So it looks like we'll be having that early February baby.

I'm up to meeting every two weeks now with both my regular OB and the high-risk OB. My first BPP is scheduled for January 6 and I'll do them at least once/week until we deliver. Where did the time go? It's already almost Christmas--that seemed so far away when we found out about this little one back in June!!

I don't have any good pics to show--she gave us some pics but they're not that great. I want our old tech back!!

Oh well.

Sorry for the long update--I'm off to lie down now.

• lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 12-12-08 | 03:41 PM
  • Well if our little Joe is patient the we could have our babies around the same time Deanna. Our EDD is Feb 5th but I have a feeling he's going to want out earlier. I can't believe I have less then 8 weeks left.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 12-12-08 | 04:24 PM
  • That's exciting!! I'll be 37 weeks on February 6 and that's about when I'll be induced. Who knows!!!???!!!!
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 12-12-08 | 05:12 PM
  • Deanna, please clue me into how they think you'll have an abruption again? I'm scared to death of that happening as it did with Nicole's birth and she ended up in the NICU because of it and kept having stop breathing issues for months!!

My OB was out on a delivery for my last appt when I wanted to discuss this issue. I'm not educated at all on why it happened and I need more answers. I was perfectly healthy (I thought, but I've never had more then the pee in a cup testing done before) and have no clue what went wrong! I'd do anything in my power to avoid it happening again!!!!!

Laura

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 12-12-08 | 06:01 PM
  • Laura, I was told that because we had an abruption with Charlotte, that our chances were as high as 20% that it could happen again.

I, too, am terrified of it happening again.

They think mine might have been caused by the gestational hypertension as well as placenta previa with subchorionic hematoma I had earlier in the pregnancy.

But regardless, I definitely DON'T want to go through that again.

Because placental function decreases with age in the third trimester, we'll start amnios around 36 weeks and as soon as we get a clear go-ahead on lung function, we'll induce to try to catch it early enough to hopefully avoid that.

I think the majority of abruption patients never have a problem with it again. So I don't think you have too much to worry about but if it'll make you feel better, you should definitely ask your doc.