Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > January - March Due Date Club This Doesn't Help the Blood Pressure

This Doesn't Help the Blood Pressure

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-16-07, 02:49 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default This Doesn't Help the Blood Pressure

Okay, so on Wednesday night DH had some chest pains, and we didn't think anything of it, we thought that it was just heartburn or something like that, and he felt fine on Thursday and Friday, so he went to work as normal.

This morning, he woke up again and had the same pains, so he decided to go to the walk in clinic and get checked out. They did an EKG and a Chest Xray which was normal but they also did blood work, he made an appt to see the doctor again on Tuesday for the results unless the doctor called him before then.

Fast Forward about 3 hours to 2pm, and the doctor calls Denny, tells him something, and then asks to speak to his wife and proceeds to tell me he is sending an ambulance for my husband to take him to the hospital, because the troponin levels on his blood test are elevated which could mean a possible heart attack or numerous other things.

So DH went to the hospital, he can still walk and talk and all of that, so hopefully there is some weird explanation for this, my SIL came over and so did my best friend...and stayed with me till just a bit ago and told me that I should try and rest, of course I can't...

Anyway, they are keeping DH in the hospital at least over night and probably all day tommorrow because the levels keep rising, not sure if this is normal??? He is hooked up to the ECG, and been given blood thinners, oxygen, and man, I am trying to remember everything else that he told me on the phone...and they are taking his blood for numerous tests but to keep track of that troponin thing...

They said that right now he is a mystery to them, as he is in good shape, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, exercises regularly...so yah, I am sitting here still freaking out, at least I got Benjamin to sleep...although I just feel like a wreck....and like I said, not helping the blood pressure, which I was told to relax at my appt yesterday...so the headaches have been in full swing, along with the lightheadness/dizziness...

Anyway, so now that everyone went home, I am supposed to try and sleep, of course that isn't going to happen, cuz I am still freaking out here, I can see him at 10am tommorrow, when visiting hours are, so I will go for then...but if you can just keep DH in your thoughts and hope that all is okay with him and they figure out what is causing this, that would be great, so I don't know if I will be around or not for the next little bit...between taking care of Benjamin, DH and trying to get some rest myself.. but thought I would give you all an update if you have read this far!!! Thanks!

Old 12-16-07, 02:59 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Farah, I am so terribly sorry!!!! Please try and stay calm for your own health. He is getting great care with good doctors who will figure this out.

Praying for answers and healing asap.

Last edited by baby hungry; 12-17-07 at 01:56 AM.

Old 12-16-07, 03:38 AM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

the good news in all of this is that if it is a problem with the heart, they're on top of it and that's great. I'm sure they're being cautious and that's a good thing too.

Try and get some rest, you're really in need of it right about now.

Old 12-16-07, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

OMG Farah!
I hope they can figure out what's wrong with him and get him all fixed up.

Old 12-16-07, 10:23 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

OMG!

I will keep my htoughts on you guys and hope they figure out something soon...

any updates today?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools