Baby Corner

Old 11-19-07, 02:08 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.91%
Default due date problems

i didnt have my first ultrasound until my third trimester oct 18,07 and they said my due date was 12/27/07 because of his measurements...but i remember my last period and it was the 7th of april and that would make me due 1/12/08....but if i was due 12/27/07 that woul make my last period march 22nd and i know that inncorrect what do i go by

Old 11-19-07, 09:13 AM
Community Member

Thanked 174 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

hmmm, well, was your last period light?? Maybe just some spotting/implantation bleeding?? It's hard to say because they usually go by the baby's size on the earlier ultrasounds to assess your dates, the third trimester ones are less accurate...........either way it's coming up soon.......congrats!!!
and maybe our resident OB nurse can shed some more light on this one for you................oh Brandi...........we neeed you.................

Old 11-19-07, 10:19 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

I was told that you go by the ultrasound....my last period was April 23rd, and yet I know that I ovulate late and that we didn't conceive until May 24th or so, which is pretty accurate for my due date...and the sizing I have seen on each ultrasound!

Old 11-19-07, 01:21 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 110%

a third trimester ultrasound is not accurate enough to change your due date....

however... if you didn't have an early ultrasound it would be hard to tell because some people do ovulate late... your dates are very widly spread out and that isn't good... hmm.... and another thing about size and dates is that some babies measure huge... we have a woman that is 33 weeks pregnant right now who is measuring 42+ weeks (baby is 9+lbs)

did you get regular prenatal care and mind if i ask why your us wasn't until third trimester?

Old 11-19-07, 01:35 PM
Ava and Ethan's mama!

Thanked 136 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

Brandi would know best, but I think it would make sense to go by your last period date, if you are sure it was April 7th. Measuring by US in the 3rd trimester is not accurate, as Brandi said, because babies can really vary in size at that point.

Good luck! And, welcome aboard by the way! I don't think we've seen you around here!

Latest Articles
Boost Your Fertility With Diet
Boosting your chances of conceiving can be as simple as making a few changes in your nutrition and diet, starting today.

Humor in Pregnancy and Parenthood a Necessity!
There sure are stressful times during pregnancy, and in being a parent, but humor in pregnancy and parenthood is a must have if you're going to survive!

Baby Development: When Will Baby Be Rolling Over
Find out when to expect your baby to roll over, how to know he's ready, and how to keep your baby safe when the rolling begins.

When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools