Baby Corner

Old 10-24-09, 04:55 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default eating habits

How are you doing with eating healthfully during your pregnancy? Are you normally a health nut? How about exercise?

I am gaining too much weight. I started off at x weight with Josh and made it to y weight by delivery. With Matthew, I started off at x+12 but still only weighed y by delivery. This time.... I started off at x weight (the original weight i was before getting pregnnat in the first place) but am only about 10 lbs from y weight and have a lot of time left in my pregnncy!!!!

My biggest vice is mcdonalds breakfast sandwiches. I gave them up totally while losing weight before I got pregnant. Today, I decided to try to make a less nasty version of a sausage mcmuffin at home. I have the time in the morning now, so I got.... turkey sausage, lowfat cheese, 100calorie high fiber english muffin, and some eggs I plan to poach. i'm going to try it tomorrow morning. It's not exactly a "diet food" but it'll be better than what I'm eating now.

I was surprised that turkey sausage had just as much cholesterol as regular, but like 1/3 of the fat and 1/2 of the calories.

Old 10-24-09, 08:23 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I was about x weight when I got pg with dd (overweight for me) and y (which was x +40!!!) when I finally had her.

I was x-20 when I got pg this time (my normal weight) and have gained about 17 pounds so far-no where near as much as when I was 26 weeks with dd.

I am eating horribly. I eat devil dogs with breakfast, and I eat cookies and candy throughout the day. These are things I never even kept in the house before. Lunch and dinner and fine, but my snacking is getting out of control. I have to really work to calm it down or it will be even harder to get back in shape this time around!! I also have my glucose test next week and if I keep eating all this sugar I am sure i will fail it!!

Oh, and Jeanne-you might still only gain another 10 pounds or so-it should be about a pound a week now and we only have a little more than 10 weeks left!!! (I am going in for a section at 39 weeks, so I only have 13 weeks left!)

Old 10-24-09, 08:48 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

What is a devil dog?

I am eating totally differently than I did before I got pregnant. It's embarassing.

I am just worried because I gained a lot of weight at the end of my pregnancies.

Plus, I walked every single day of my pregnancy with Matthew and this time I am just so tired and in general uncomfortable that I havent' done it as much as I should.

Old 10-25-09, 10:42 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I had a whole devil dog explanation and then dd erased it. They are heavenly-here is a link...

I had been walking too, but my back has been hurting so much that I haven't gone for a walk in a few weeks! Ugh!!

Old 10-25-09, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Oh-- like a suzy q.

Yum.

We don't have those here.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools