Baby Corner

Old 08-29-07, 09:16 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Default fears (a little long)

do any of you have any irrational fears that are completly unfounded? i don't know who to talk to about this, so i thought i would just share my fears here and see if that helps.
since i was pregnant with DS 5 years ago, i have a hard time remembering certain landmarks. one of the most important one is movement. i know i have felt this baby move, but it is sooo infrequent. almost once every couple of days...i seem to remember with DS it was somewhat frequent by this point...of course, i was much thinner with that pregnancy.
also, when we had our u/s at Womb with a View, i had the tech measure the baby's leg (i believe she said femur?) and tell me what it rates as...i was 17 weeks and 1 day when i had the u/s and she told me that it was coming up as 16weeks and 2 or 4 days ( i can't remember which)
then she told me not to worry because they are all estimates and that is she were to measure the baby's head or abdomen, she is sure it is right at the 17 week mark. she said by just looking at the baby she could tell i was 17weeks or very close to it.
so, this has all been on my mind. i know when my OB did my u/s at 7 weeks, he said that the baby was measuring 7w 3d and i was supposed to be 7w 5d...he said the difference was so small, he wasn't going to change my due date.

SOOO a long story short, i just have this stuff on my mind...maybe that explains the nightmares. i just wanted to see if any of you ladies have experienced this or maybe felt this way before.

thanks for listening!

Old 08-29-07, 09:20 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

honestly Holly...I worry about everything..i have with all 3 of my pregnancies. i worry about the measurements of the baby and all that could possibly go wrong. I'm a diabetic so there are so many things that could go wrong...so i worry

You are not alone worrying about these things...i bet so many of us have similar fears

Old 08-29-07, 09:24 PM
is having another baby! Holy cow!!
Community Member

Thanked 196 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My fears mostly include stuff like really early labour, birth defects, pre eclampsia.... I'm trying not to worry about the right now stuff.

Old 08-29-07, 09:38 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i know how you feel, but let me reassure you in this. At my us i was 17 weeks 3 days. i was watching the tech do all her measurements and after each one it would comeup a number. like 18 weeks, 5days, etc. I ranged so differently with each part of the body. i asked about it, and was reassrued in knowing its all just estimates. I then asked my doc about it at appt, and she swore that everything looked good, and i have to trist her in that. I just keep telling myself that Gavin is going to have a long arm, mesured 2 weeks ahead, and a small head, a week and a half behind. i am ok with it all now, and try to make the lighter side of things. the docs and us techs do this all say every day, and they would tell you of any concerns.

hope that reassures you a bit!

Old 08-29-07, 09:47 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Try not to stress out about those measurements being off by a little. Honestly, they are just estimates. With Cora every time I went in for my later appointments and they measured my belly I was always two weeks ahead. My doctor kept telling me how big my baby was going to be and how we should induce and all sorts of things. When it got down to the end she didn't seem all that concerned about Cora being big

I measured big until I delivered (I just carry all out I think). So try not to stress to much about being off by a week or a few days as far as measurements go. Just try to think about your beautiful baby girl and how perfect she is.

I think it's totally normal to have fears.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools