Baby Corner

Old 10-01-09, 04:54 PM
is LOVING ALL MY BOYS!!!!!
Community Member

Thanked 125 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Feeling a llittle paranoid!

Ok, so I went for my checkup on Friday (15 weeks) and the Peri said he was sending me for some labs. I didn't think to ask about the tests. Well it was for the 2nd trimester screening and a glucose tolerance test(again I don't know why so early because I didn't ask anything). So on the lab orders I see the nurse or doc put my due date as March 12th but all along I was told March 20th.
So I didn't think much of it and went for the tests on Monday. Then I started doing some research online regarding the 2nd tri screen.
That is when I got concerned, I guess they have to have the exact gestational age in order for the test results to be accurate.
So I called the docs office to ask if my due date had in fact been changed or if it was a mistake and sure enough she said someone tranposed the numbers and it should have said the 21st.
She said she would call the lab and make the correction but as it this test isn't nerve wracking enough, now I worry if they will even do the calculations correct.

Oh and I have a low lying placenta and baby was breech and face down as you can see in my avatar pic. so we couldn't tell yet if it is boy or girl.

I go back in one week for the test results and then 2 wks after that I get the big ultrasound!!!

Old 10-02-09, 10:39 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Oh that kind of stuff would have upset me too.

Hope it all goes well!

Old 10-03-09, 11:18 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Good luck! Let us know how you do!

Old 10-03-09, 04:51 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

Is this the quad screen you are talking about? If so please please please do not put a ton of stock into this test. I had the test done, and was told we had a 1 in 20 chance of Danielle having Downs. We were offered an amnio and everything, which we declined for personal reasons. Anyway after having 2 level 2 u/s and a 3D we felt confident that she was at least physically healthy. She does not have Downs, and let me tell you I spent so many months of my pg worrying because of that test. I have heard so many stories of false positives with that test and I am another.

Old 10-05-09, 11:42 AM
is LOVING ALL MY BOYS!!!!!
Community Member

Thanked 125 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygirl

Is this the quad screen you are talking about? If so please please please do not put a ton of stock into this test. I had the test done, and was told we had a 1 in 20 chance of Danielle having Downs. We were offered an amnio and everything, which we declined for personal reasons. Anyway after having 2 level 2 u/s and a 3D we felt confident that she was at least physically healthy. She does not have Downs, and let me tell you I spent so many months of my pg worrying because of that test. I have heard so many stories of false positives with that test and I am another.
I have heard the same things and if I had realized what he was sending me for I would have declined the test.
We have done so much to try and keep this pregnancy going that even if it does come back with not so great results we won't do an amnio. I am just not willing to take that risk and regardless of what it would show we absolutly wouldn't terminate!!
I keep having nightmares about the results though.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools