Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

HOLIDAY PLANS??????

Reply Post New Topic

• Izabel+1 Izabel+1's Avatar 12-22-08 | 12:17 AM
  • so ladies whats your plans for the holidays? For xmas eve I am going with my parents to my aunts house its been tradition the 10 yrs ive lived out in IL for us to do that. then were gonna do the grab bag and Im gonna attempt to stuff my face as much as possible! because its all good homecooking from the women in my family it makes me super excited..... were going to sing xmas songs and dance at least half the night! from there we are going to midnight mass to go home and then i have to tuck my lil one in go downstairs and get her presents put under my tree which is upstairs...... xmas day we open presents here then were going to my sisters to do presents from aunts and uncles there and a nice brunch compliments of the wonderfull cook my mom and sister are! for new years eve were spending it at my sisters home which makes me super excited!!!! how bout u girls whats the plan?????????
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 12-22-08 | 01:19 AM
  • We're going to 5pm mass on Christmas Eve and then spending the evening with my family. We do our full exchange that night.

We'll spend all Christmas day here. My dad and grandmother will come over that day and Andy will get Dad setup with his iPod and iTunes (which he doesn't know about yet).

During the weekend after Christmas, we'll spend time with friends who live away but are back in town, and we'll head to Cleveland on Monday for Andy's family gathering. We'll stay there with his parents/brothers/etc. until Thursday. There will be 13 of us in the house. It's always an adventure but the girls love it.

The girls go back to school the following week so we'll be home on New Year's Day.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 12-22-08 | 10:52 AM
  • Christmas eve we will be here. We are decorating cookies for Santa, and having a quiet time just the 4 of us (next year it will be 5! ) Christmas day we will get up open presents, eat breakfast and go to MILs. She is about 45 minutes away and I won't have to lift a finger all day.

I am sure we will spend New Year's at home, it is getting way too close for me to do any kind of party.
  • Larissadawn Larissadawn's Avatar 12-22-08 | 12:23 PM
  • On the 24th, we will go to church.

On the 25th, we will get up early and travel to my parents' house for their holiday celebration. We only celebrate Christmas as the birth of Jesus. So, the trees, decorations, and all the other secular traditions are not a part of what we do. So, we try to seperate what they see my parents do as something completely different than what we do. It's complicated and frustrating right now, but as the children get older, it won't be such a big deal. And we do our best not to make a big deal out of it to my family. We just tell the children that their traditions have nothing to do with the birth of Christ . . . and to not say anything about it when we visit.

Not sure when we'll come back home. We'll stay for a couple days. Then we'll come home. We don't have plans for New Years. But I think we'll make a pinata or something along those lines.
  • lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 12-22-08 | 12:35 PM
  • We are singing in the choir at our church now so we wil be going to our church's 8pm mass and then to another church for midnight mass which has been a traditon in my family since my oldest sister was a baby.
    After midnight mass we'll go over to my other sister's to open presents with her and her girls and then come home and either open our presents then or go to bed and get up around 10 am and open presents then. We are going to my oldest sister's for Christmas Day. My husband and my mom are both working Friday and Saturday and Sunday we will be at church singing for a special Christmas season service. My husband works Monday and Tuesday next week and then he's off until the Monday after New year's My mom works until wednesday and then she's off unil the Monday after New Year's too. My niece and her boyfriend are coming up to help us finish rooms for the baby and earn some money. We may also undecorate while we have their help but if they get alot of house work done then we can do that the following weekend.

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!