Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > January - March Due Date Club "How do you expect to grow a baby on that crap?"

"How do you expect to grow a baby on that crap?"

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-07-08, 02:36 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

i do that for snacks inbetween meals. i have managed to gain 4 pounds by vomiting..didnt know that vomiting could make me gain weight...but thats what i am telling myself

Old 10-07-08, 04:39 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

If it was at noon when you had this conversation, I'd think you were doing just fine. Or maybe this is why I gain less then 20 lbs. With Christine I only gained 15 and felt very healthy. I eat well and don't put any white flour, white sugar or junk food into me and it seems to be what my body does naturally.

I guess it depends though on if you are eating white bread or a good whole wheat/grain bread with substance and nutritional value. (I have a great recipe if you'd like to try it. Its very fast for homemade whole grain bread and its yummy! Larissa could hook you up with a fabulous recipe that takes a little longer, but is lighter) On your turkey sandwich was there just a slice or two of turkey on white bread or was it a nice sandwich with whole grain bread, 3-4 slices of turkey, a slice of cheese and maybe some lettuce, tomato or a slice of avocado on it?

I've been boiling some eggs and keeping them in the refrigerator for a quick fix. Adding a boiled egg or two to your breakfast of milk and toast would be perfect. Or scramble up some eggs. I'm sure your girls would love it! I really like the no hormones omega 3 eggs. They are so yummy!

Laura

Old 10-07-08, 05:17 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Thanks, Laura. My sandwich was wheat bread, a little bit of turkey, and a little bit of light mayo.

I do try to have eggs a few mornings/week but I don't always have the time. I'm making an effort to add protein to my breakfast because I get nausea if I don't.

Old 10-07-08, 07:54 PM
is so blessed!
Community Member

Thanked 110 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I wish I could help, but I'm in the same boat. Except I like junk food too.
For example, today:
Breakfast a sandwich bag of dry frosted mini wheats and green tea on the way to work.
Lunch was some corn chips, and a bite of a PB and J that I decided was gross and threw away.
And so far dinner has been a bowl of homeade broccoli soup (lowfat of course) and a couple of bites of a turkey sandwich.
I might have a bowl of cereal before bed.

And I can't eat anything else! I put a lot of things up to my mouth and take a bite but end up throwing it away because it's gross to me or doesn't taste right or whatever.
Every now and then I'll sneak a high protein Boost in mid-morning.
I guess we'll see about weight gain on Friday!

If you figure anything out let me know!

Old 10-08-08, 03:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 11 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Wink

first of boo hoo your doctor couldve really fraced that a different way.

I got my recipes from my doctors office they give u a book on what u should eat and what u shouldnt eat and it has a ton of recipes....

In the morning I have a cup of orange juice I scramble one egg and turkey bacon...

about an hour after that I eat some yogurt and fruits.

for lunch I make it the heaviest meal because if dinner is my heaviest I wont sleep....

I always try to precook or pre leave things in my frige the night before

lunch I will have a small serving of mashed potatoes some small meat like chicken, turkey(meatloaf pot roast)
and If it wasnt to filling I make a shake whether its vanilla chocolate or fruit......

I space an hour after that and have a small snack again sometimes I even eat like doritos, sun chips(all from the healthy food side)

dinner is were I try to get all my veggies in

Im including some websites here that I find helpful when I cook my foods
hopefully you do to

the websites are:
[edited]

one of my favorites~~~~>

Last edited by Dopey406; 10-08-08 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Removed link to competing site
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools