Baby Corner

Old 12-29-09, 08:21 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default If you're not a first-time Mommy...

What have you done/will you do to prepare your other child(ren) for the baby? Who will keep your older kid(s) while you deliver?

The boys will likely stay with the ILs while I deliver, unless it's during the day when they're at preschool. Or, the ILs will come here and stay with them.

We have been talking about the baby for a long time. We have the 4d pic of the baby hanging on the wall, and we talk about the baby, where the baby will sleep, what the baby will do, etc. We point out where the baby's seat will be in the car, etc.

Matthew always says he's happy about the new baby (but doesn't really understand) and Josh sometimes says he's excited but other times says he is worried the baby will cry all the time, or that he won't like the baby. BUT either way, he's already let me know he's going to be helping with him. He said that he will "pet" the baby's head if he cries in the car, and that I need to give him a binky for his cup holder in the car so he can give it to the baby if he cries.

J &M also bought a gift for the baby. It's a little toy bar for his carrier. The baby has gifts for them too.

I actually think Josh will be fine, but Matthew is going to have a hard time. We will have to see though.

Old 12-29-09, 08:58 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Erin "knows" there is a baby coming, but she really doesn't get it. My MIL and Mom will stay here when I deliver and will watch her when dh comes to the hospital, etc. Since my delivery is scheduled for a Friday, that works out great. MIL is taking off the delivery date to watch dd (Mom works across the parking lot from the hospital-it is so close that the hospital rents spaces in ehr lot for their employees!). Then for Sat and Sunday, people will take turns coming over so dh can come up to visit. I should be coming Home on monday, so Mom will probably watch dd until we get home-maybe at her house so we can settle in a bit.
Thank you teddybear1082!
3Princes (12-29-09)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools