Baby Corner

Old 08-05-08, 06:44 PM
is so blessed!
Community Member

Thanked 110 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default A little obsessive.

My baby evidently does NOT like the doppler! I got to hear the heart beat again this morning for about 30 seconds, then it disappeared. Oh well.

But I REALLY wish I could have another ultrasound to see that every thing's okay. My doctor's don't feel inclined to do that, and insurance won't pay for them if their not "medically neccesary". But here's the thing, I suffered from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and before I got pregnant I tool clonopin twice a day. Obviously I can't do that now, and I have so much more to be anxious about. I really need to know all is well.

What should I do!?

Old 08-05-08, 06:50 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

1st of sit back and relax.... you are still waaaay early to be hearing the baby's heartbeat on the doppler so count those times you are as precious moments.... most of the time you cannot pick up anything until 10-12 weeks gestation.

2nd of all, if you are hearing the baby's heart beating, everything is probably going okay.

3rd of all, you probably won't have another ultrasound until 20ish weeks to determine sex and check for abnormalities.

So in the meantime, sit back and relax, it will become much easier once you start feeling the baby move!

Thank you brandimichelle!
Mrs.Emily (08-05-08)

Old 08-05-08, 07:00 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

If you're concerned about your GAD, it's worth a call to your OB or GP or psych doc. You definitely want to keep that in check as much as possible.

With that said, we ALL are obsessive about pregnancy. And it it only the beginning--you'll worry about this kiddo for the rest of your natural life.

Put the doppler away for 2 weeks and then try again. You'll drive yourself batty trying to hear it right now. I'm almost 11 weeks and sometimes I can barely snag that little booger long enough to hear it.

Try to relax and ENJOY your pregnancy!! It's an amazing miracle that we as obsessive moms sometimes miss out on because of the tendencies to worry about too many unnecessary things.

Thank you Dopey406!
Mrs.Emily (08-05-08)

Old 08-05-08, 07:11 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

i think Deanna and Brandi said it best. I know how hard and fretful times like this can be. I sometimes have panic attacks thinking of "what if?" i know that we can tell you there is nothing to worry about until we are blue in the face, but basically you will have to (try) to tell yourself that this is in God's hands and you will not be steered wrong. I think you are fine especially for hearing the baby's heartbeat as early as you have! that is awesome!

i am also obessive. I have spent close to $70 on pregnancy test...yes, i still test everyday just to be sure...i have an u/s on friday and i am on pins and needles!

whenever you feel anxious or doubtful, come on here and vent away...it will always make you feel better!

Thank you holly302!
Mrs.Emily (08-05-08)

Old 08-05-08, 07:47 PM
is so blessed!
Community Member

Thanked 110 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I think I tested at least every other day until the first ultrasound at 5w. Might have even done it after that. PLUS I had my beta's drawn 3 or four times, but still tested at home. It's sad, I know. LOL
Deanna you are soooo right, I am going to be worried about this peanut for the rest of my life. Poor baby!

I know what all of you have said is true. Somewhere deep down, i've already said it to myself!
Oh well, I've just got to try to keep myself in check! My only problem is when I get the full on anxiety attacks, but I don't think there's anything they can do about it.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools