Baby Corner

Old 01-26-10, 10:31 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Michael William

Thursday morning-the 21st, DH was running late and there was frost on the car, so he finally left the driveway at around 7:25. By 7:30 I was getting ready to get on the shouwer and felt a trickle, so I was pretty sure my water broke. I monitored it for a bit and was pretty sure it broke, so I continued to try to get dh on his cell-he has an hour ride to work and was only a few minutes out, but he would not answer. I called the doc and asked what they wanted me to do since I was scheduled for a c sectiont he following morning. They said come right in-I tried to call dh another 100 times and finally called my mom to bring me and erin in since she works a few blocks away and my doc is in the same town too.

When I went in to the doc he said he couldn't find evidence that my water broke, so he sent me for a sono. After that they confirmed that my fluid was dropping, so he sent me to wait at the hospital for his office hours to end-he said he wanted to do the section (on his own time!) even though another doctor was on call already. As Luckily dh got in touch with my mom and came to the office to meet us. We met my mom back at the house so she could watch erin and I took a shower and checked my bags one last time.

Dh and I arrived at the hospital at around 10:30 AM and were brought up to L&D. I was put on monitors, etc and dh was allowed in my 11:15 or so. I never went into labor. We hung out until around 4 when they said the doc was finally on his way. They brought me to the OR and started the spinal (which was painless!) and we waited for the other doc to arrive so they could start. They brought dh in and Michael William was born at 4:49 PM. He had an apgar of 9.9 and was screaming from the time he was halfway out until his examination was over. He was 7 pounds 11 ounces and 22 inches long. We are home now and he is a really good baby so far-mostly eating and sleeping with very little crying in between.

Old 01-26-10, 10:36 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!
Thank you Keepers!
teddybear1082 (01-27-10)

Old 01-26-10, 10:55 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Congratulations and welcome to the world Michael!
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!
teddybear1082 (01-27-10)

Old 01-26-10, 11:39 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Welcome to the world! I can't believe he is finally here!
How is Erin doing with it being a brother and not a sister? How are you feeling?
Thank you 3Princes!
teddybear1082 (01-27-10)

Old 01-27-10, 12:36 AM
is Baby # 1 EDD May 28th
Community Member

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Congratulations!!

Thank you cshannon91!
teddybear1082 (01-27-10)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools