Baby Corner

Old 12-10-07, 08:45 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default my biggest fear...

through this whole pregnancy was that i would spend xmas in the hospital. now with all that has happened in the last week, its even more so. I would be so devastated if I missed Ava's first fun xmas. The way i look at thigs, i will never make it till Januray 8th now. the FFN test said i will not deliver in 14 days, that brings me right beofre xmas, and with having a c section i need to be there at least 4 days. so most likely, in my opinion, i will be spending the day in the hospital. So i am gonna talk to my doc about it this week i am on weekly now since this whole scare happened. she will be doing an internal each week now, so if i have changed at all this Friday when i go, i am gonna tell her my concerns, and see if maybe she will deliver me around the 18 or so. that way i will be home for xmas, and not worried about all that could happen. do you all think i am crazy for this? I mean how much longer than 3 weeks can i wialk around 2cm and 50 percent effaced, its bound to happen soon right. ami just delusional or what?

Old 12-10-07, 08:50 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

you are 100% right with your fears. no one can fault you because preterm birth or even an earlier than expected birth is a stressful thing. since you are getting checked weekly, i would wait and see if at your next appt you have changed. if you have then i would bring up the issue with her. other than that, you would have to take it a week to week basis.

is there anyway you can stop working all together now? im sure that is easier said than done.

Old 12-10-07, 08:51 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 87.14%

I had a friend who was pregnant with twins that was 2cm dilated and that much effaced and she lasted about 6 weeks before she had them. You can never tell maybe you'll make it to your scheduled c-section date and quite possibly you couldn't. I understand how you feel about not being there for Ava's first fun x-mas. I'd be devasted too if I didn't get to see Lexi enjoying it all!!

Old 12-10-07, 08:57 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

financially i can't stop working yet. i have stopped bartending though, so now its just taking care of kids, and the way i look at it, why stop when i would be home and have to do all the same stuff for Ava anyways. i might as well get paid for it too right? Plus its only 3 days a week, for 6 hours a day. if i was not at their house taking care of their kdis, iwoudl be home chasing after my little one, i will just see what Friday bringhs, and then each week there after. My ob has a little girl a few months older then Ava, so i am sure she will understand my fears

Old 12-10-07, 09:13 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

IA.... with Brennan I was 2cm and 80% effaced from 34weeks on (when they did the first internal)! I forgot about that until today at my appt when I was looking at my chart!

um... hate to say it-- but I was 10days LATE with brennan and had to be induced

so-- you never know... with baby #2 your body knows what to do... so hang in there

Latest Articles
Celebrity Baby Watch November 2014
Find out whose pregnant, and whose expecting in our monthly celebrity pregnancy and births update for November, 2014.

The Importance of Baby Talk and Why Fathers Need to Do it More
A new study shows that verbal communication with babies happens more by Moms more than Dads. If you are a new Dad, here are some tips for talking more to your baby.

Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools