Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > January - March Due Date Club Not what we wanted to see or hear today :(

Not what we wanted to see or hear today :(

Topic is CLosed Post New Topic  

Old 07-13-10, 01:16 PM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Not what we wanted to see or hear today :(

had our scan today and was prepared to find out I wasn't 9wks (as per my LMP) thought maybe 8/7.5wks but the sonographer said it was a very early pregnancy in her eyes, around 5 wks 2 days. She said I had all the indications of an early pregnancy (a cyst on my right ovary which is due to surge or hormones and there was some thickening on the scan which she said was again signs of an early pg). Not sure what to think. I've no bleeding and my pg symptoms are severe enough i.e nausea all day but my gut tells me something is up and it did before today (woman's intuition). I had a weird bleed at the end of may (LMP 10th May) it was a one off red bleed and the tech said that if that was the case it could have been a period of such and that would make the dates right but I just don't know. When I did my test on the 22nd June I used a clear blue digital indicator test which gives you estimate of when you conceived and it said at time 1-2wks making me 3-4 wks pg. Now I was worried at the time cause I thought I should have been 6wks pg (again by LMP) so today we took another test and it changed to 2-3wks from conception making me 5wks (estimated) which is the same as the ultrasound

I will ring the hospital in the morning and ask for a bloodtest and get a repeat in 48hrs and see if it's doubling, that's all i can think of what to do at the moment. I have no idea of when I conceived so it could be just an early pg but our hearts are heavy and breaking right now

Old 07-13-10, 01:30 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

Oh Therese! I am so sorry! Don't give up hope! I hope that you were just off on the dates and that you are just really early!

Are they going to do a repeat ultrasound in a few weeks?

Old 07-13-10, 01:56 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

Don't give up hope!

I'm sorry you didn't get the expected results but it may be just really early. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Old 07-13-10, 02:08 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

At this point all you can do is hope and wait. Hopefully those #'s double and all it is is an early pg.

Maybe you just had a wacky cycle and your still earlier than you thought.

I'll think Positive thoughts for you

Old 07-13-10, 02:12 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Thinking of you and sending lots of hopes & sticky vibes your way!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools