Baby Corner

Old 11-20-09, 12:33 AM
is Feeling like I could POP
Community Member

Thanked 9 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Question NST on Monday

Having a stress test on Monday, I don't feel like the baby is under any stress he moves all the time but I guess they want to do one as a precaution. Anyone ever have one done? Never had one done with my other 4 children.

Old 11-20-09, 01:19 AM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

Just popping in. I actually had NSTs 2X per week with my last two from 32 weeks on. They were a precaution because of some issues I have and the meds I was on. They are actually kind of nice, you sit there for 30 minutes to an hour listen to the heartbeat and feeling the baby move. They are checking to see how the baby's heartbeat recovers after the baby moves around. Good Luck! I am sure it is all fine.
Thank you Valleygirl!
stephjbme4 (11-20-09)

Old 11-20-09, 08:58 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Had one with dd once she was late-I just sat wit monitors on until they had the data they wanted-about 20-30 minutes or so.
Thank you teddybear1082!
stephjbme4 (11-20-09)

Old 11-20-09, 11:52 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

**lurking**

I had them once a week as well starting at about 36 weeks. Depending on where you are doing it at, it could be very comfortable! Mine was at the dr office on the reg patient table, so it was a little uncomfortable b/c I was trying to lay on my side & read & the table wasn't quite big enough for my huge belly, lol! But they gave me some pillows to prop under my belly, my back, & where my head was.

They just put these 2 staps across your belly & you lay there while it tracks the baby's heartrate on a piece of paper that ti spits out. Bring a book or magazine or take the opportunity to take a cat-nap! You can even bring your own pillow, I think I brought my own after the 1st time.
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
stephjbme4 (11-20-09)

Old 11-20-09, 11:58 AM
is Feeling like I could POP
Community Member

Thanked 9 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

K ill bring my pillow thanks, I hope I don't have to do this every week I have to find a babysitter for 4 kids each time I go to the doctor which seems like every week BLAH
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools