Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Off to see the wizard...

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-17-08 | 11:53 AM
  • Today at 1pm is an appointment with my high-risk OB. We're having an ultrasound to check growth and then we'll see him. My meds have been causing funky side effects (heart palpitations, shortness of breath, such intense dry mouth that my throat closes up every 30 minutes while I'm sleeping at night, extreme drowsiness to the point that I am not able to function for several hours each day, etc.)--so I'm worried that he's going to tell me that he has no other medication to give me and put me on bed rest.

I'll post when I return after my appointment--hopefully not from my bed!!!

• LAB LAB's Avatar 11-17-08 | 02:53 PM
  • Good luck at your appt!

Laura

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-17-08 | 04:09 PM
  • Thanks, Laura.

I didn't end up on bed rest...yet. But he did change up my medication and wants to see me back in a week to see if it's working.

I asked him about his cut-off for bed rest and he said, "Whenever I need to put you on it. It could be tomorrow, next week, next month...just whenever we need to do it."

That didn't help.

I was also irked that they had me scheduled for an ultrasound originally but for some reason, changed it without telling me. I picked Andy up from work to he could come along because he missed the last ultrasound. Then--the doc was out of the office doing a delivery so we had to wait more than an hour to see him.

VERY ANNOYING!

Hopefully the next week or so goes well with the new medication.

• LAB LAB's Avatar 11-17-08 | 04:27 PM
  • Yea! No bedrest! I hope the new meds work and keep you happy, healthy and out of bed!

Laura

• amitrat amitrat's Avatar 11-17-08 | 08:28 PM
  • I hope that they keep you off of bed rest too! What a PITA to have that happen before the holidays. Were you the same way with the other 2?

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!