Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

The REAL appt update!

Reply Post New Topic

• CarolleZ CarolleZ's Avatar 02-13-08 | 05:51 PM
  • This one's a little more exciting than yesterday!!

Finally got in for the GBS swab, and a progress check! The swab was no biggie, obviously. BUT I'm 2cm dialated! Yay! AND the baby's doing well, 156bpm, and measuring over 7lbs already! He said to me "You're not going to want to be coming in here at 39 and 40 weeks.." meaning if I get that far I'm going to likely be having a 9.5 lb baby! Yikes! He doesn't think I'll make it til March! He also said the tingling arm/hand will go away shortly after I deliver. Until then I just have to deal with it. He also took a look at my mouth cysts. One's really big and I have 2 more small ones starting....again it'll go away when I have the baby. They bleed lots but don't hurt, but they're really ugly!

I also had a chiropractor appointment today, which was a pretty standard back and neck cracking. He doesn't think I'll make it much longer either (I dont know how he'd be able to tell though... maybe hip placement?

)
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 02-13-08 | 06:18 PM
  • Awesome! Sounds like you're almost there. I was less than 1cm at my 39 week appointment with Marek, so it's a good sign that you have decent dilation so early.
  • butterfly25 butterfly25's Avatar 02-13-08 | 06:29 PM
  • Sounds like a good appointment! You are so close!
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 02-13-08 | 08:33 PM
  • Yay, that is an exciting appt, and glad you will get relief from the symptoms after you deliver...
  • dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 02-13-08 | 09:15 PM
  • sounds like a good appt