Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > January - March Due Date Club >
Received our first baby gift today

Received our first baby gift today

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-25-08 | 03:57 PM
  • I've been a bit superstitious (even thought I'm not AT ALL superstitious in general) about buying things for this baby, talking about names, or really admitting that it's even happening since we lost our last 5 pregnancies.

But we got a package in the mail today from the in-laws for our anniversary. There was the usual personal check, candy, crayons/coloring books for the girls, and then there was a little package labeled for the baby. It was a comfy sleeper--gender neutral but leaning toward boy, and two gum cigars (one pink/one blue). So now that the "seal has been broken" maybe we'll start talking names and stuff.

Have you bought/received anything for your baby yet???
  • Larissadawn Larissadawn's Avatar 08-25-08 | 04:20 PM
  • No, nothing yet. I am not sure we will be buying anything, though. I can't think of anything we need, and we are on a buy only what need budget!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-25-08 | 04:23 PM
  • We definitely know ALL ABOUT budgeting!! We teach Financial Peace University at our church so we HAVE to budget or we'd have 50+ families on our tails!

There are a few things I'd like to get--a high chair (we couldn't use one in our old house because the place was too small), new crib sheets, new burp cloths, new bibs, etc. And if this little person is a boy, we'll be in need of boy clothes because we only have pink things!

• LAB LAB's Avatar 08-25-08 | 05:12 PM
  • How wonderful and thoughtful of your inlaws! I think I've only seen 1 or 2 gender neutral outfits before. They all look boy to me if they aren't pink/lavender with flowers and bows

Laura

• amitrat amitrat's Avatar 08-25-08 | 05:50 PM
  • Deanna - I love my Baby Trend High Chair (just some FYI - we can discuss in detail later). I was in baby Gap on vacation and there was an adorable little dress for 5.97. Not that I know what I am having, but I know I could always sell it on Ebay or use it as a baby gift.

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!