Baby Corner

Old 08-25-07, 01:10 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

The last one made was the freestar which i have and it's horrible and they had so many complaints that they only made it that 2-3 years and that was it...

we are looking at the explorer or expedition ( although this one may be too expensive)

Old 08-25-07, 01:57 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 4.9%

safety reasons, if you choose to go with an SUV, i would def. go with the expedidtion.

Old 08-25-07, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Holly: are the explorers not safe?

Old 08-25-07, 04:04 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I have the Mazda Tribute, which I think will be fine for the four of us, and it is the same as the Ford Escape, but that wouldn't work for you... will they offer the same deal with a parent company, maybe you can look at Mazda MPV or something!

Old 08-26-07, 12:24 AM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 4.9%

my opinion:

from all of the crashes i have seen, i am impressed by the Expeditions ability to withstand rollover or high speed impact. maninly because the Expedition is not just "top" heavy...it is a solid vehicle from top to bottom..basically, it is a full sized, heavy duty truck...all SUVs are on truck chasis (sp?)

i am not a fan of explorers, trackers, or soft top jeeps. again, my opinion, but most of these type of smaller SUV's tend to roll very easily or tip. mainly because the manufacturers are making an SUV only slightly bigger than a full sized sedan.

i have a small SUV...which i bought while commuting to the academy and i don't like driving my son in it...many times just making a turn going above 20 mph will give you that tipping feeling.

only problem, most big size vehicles are gas guzzlers...i have been looking into a Chevrolet Tahoe or GMC Yukon..i really like how the Yukon stands up to impact. basically you want to be a large vehicle that has you slightly higher off the ground than a sedan..for obvious reasons. minivans work well too.

sorry to put my opinon on you...when it comes to cars, i tend to go with what i have seen as far as crashes.

oh, if you are interested in trucks, the Honda trucks (i don't recall the name) are fantastic as far as taking impact but still maintaining cabin shape..
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools