Baby Corner

Old 10-08-07, 06:25 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default For Those With Older Kids

For those of you that already have kids, or this is a third, did you, or are you planning on buying a gift for the older child from the baby? I can't remember if I asked this before, if I did, I don't remember the answers, but I was thinking that I should get something for B from the baby and for the baby from Ben, maybe matching stuffed animals from Build a Bear or something? I dunno...anyway, looking for ideas!

Old 10-08-07, 07:34 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i have not bought anything yet, but do plan on getting something for Ava from Gavin. maybe a toy or book or something?

Old 10-08-07, 08:01 PM
OMG I have 4 kids! :)

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

You know, I had planned on doing that for Ava when Keller was born, but just never did. She was so excited about the baby anyway that it didn't matter to her though! She thought of him as a new toy.

I'm not sure if Keller will even really "get it" if I do it this time though, so I haven't decided yet. Hmmm....definitely something to think about. Maybe I'll at least pick up a couple things for each of the kids so that if people are visiting and bring gifts for the babies, I'll have something on hand for them too.

Old 10-08-07, 08:12 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i had something at the hospital for C when he came to see me-- it was in my bag ready to go-- so that was nice-- I think it was a book about being a big brother and a matching shirt to one I got for Brennan...

I'll do something similar this time too

Old 10-08-07, 08:17 PM
Ava and Ethan's mama!

Thanked 136 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I think I will buy a gift for Ava from me and dh. Not necessarily a gift for the baby to give to Ava. I have a book about welcoming your second baby, and it said something to the effect that it can be confusing for a child if the baby "gives" them a gift, almost like, how did the baby get the gift? I dunno, whatever, but I think the gift will most likely just be from us, maybe a big sister shirt or something, or maybe a new doll.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools