Baby Corner

Old 12-31-09, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default Today's appt

Well.. uneventful except for the fact that I irritated the doctor.
They didn't have me undress which was surprising since I've been having contractions and got checked last week. So during my 3 1/2 minute check she mentioned that if i wanted to be checked before 38 weeks to just let them know.

I say-- "isn't that next week anyway?"

She says, "it's 2 weeks before whenever your due date is."

Me, (thinking that since she just walked in 2 seconds ago and is doing my checkup, she should have an idea of what week I'm in). "Well, I'm 38 weeks next week, right?"

She looks kinda irritated and tells me that yeah it's next week.

So she said everything was fine but I am sooo uncomfortable but didn't want to say anything, but after I started to leave I realized that I will feel so much better if she just checks me. SO I went back in and asked to be checked.

The nurses were really nice about it and she checked me and said I'm dialated to 1 but my cervix is still high and thick. She said absolutely nothing else except "see ya next week."

So anyway.... still pregnant!

Old 12-31-09, 05:09 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Are you feeling any better?

Old 12-31-09, 09:30 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Nights are so hard but days are ok... so I've been ok for today.

I'm also in a much better mood. I had a "come to jesus meeting" with myself about my sucky attitude. I'm trying to enjoy hopefully these last days/weeks of ever being pregnant.

Old 01-01-10, 11:48 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sounds like me! I am fine most of the morning and early afternoon and I have been in absolute agony after about 4 pm most days. I am in such a bad mood that I need to get my act together or my time left home with dd as an only child will be ruined!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools