Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Uh oh!

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-20-08 | 12:23 PM
  • On Monday, the doctor changed around my blood pressure medication and since then, I've been feeling kind of weird. I'm a total zombie between noon and 7pm.

Today, I drop both girls off at their respective schools and head to Michael's to hit the $1 bins for stocking stuffers. As I'm walking around, I start to feel very strange. All of a sudden, I'm leaning down into my cart and I've fainted.

I found a ladder thing to sit on but it wasn't big enough. Then I see a bar stool but think that if I faint again, that's a long way to fall.

So I head to the front desk and see a bench. I sit there for a bit but don't feel better. I ask the cashier if I can buy a bottle of water or something and she directs me to the drinking fountain at the back of the store.

I call DH at work and since he works just down the street, he comes to get me. So now I'm at home and he is driving around to collect the girls from school. I called my doc, who is in surgery until 12:30 or so. I don't know if it's my iron levels or the blood pressure medication or what, but I feel pretty miserable. I'm working on the laptop from the couch right now.

Hopefully I won't end up on bed rest--DH is very nervous that he's going to say the dreaded words when he calls me back.

I'll update later after I talk to the doc. And keep your

that I don't have to go on bed reset.

• tarziesgirl tarziesgirl's Avatar 11-20-08 | 01:15 PM
  • Wow, that stinks. I've had several episodes just like that. I only figured out that it was because I was having twins when I had the US. They were taking everything I ate and leaving nothing for me! So, now I have to be very careful when I go out making sure that I have had some protein before leaving. I also carry protein bars in my purse for emergencies, which I have had to use! It really stinks, I hope you can get everything worked out. I don't want to be on bed rest either.

For us both.
  • lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 11-20-08 | 09:50 PM
  • That sucks!. I hope the doc doesn't do bed rest for you. Hopefully it's just your body adjusting to the new meds. Maybe you won't have to do bedrest just light duty. Good luck

• Susan Susan's Avatar 11-20-08 | 10:05 PM
  • oh no Deanna..how are you feeling now? what did the dr say?
  • amitrat amitrat's Avatar 11-21-08 | 12:41 PM
  • Any news? I am so worried about you right now!

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!