Baby Corner

Old 01-14-10, 04:13 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default We are home!/ Story...

We are home! Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

It really means a lot!

Brayden Michael made his appearance at 10:04pm on Tuesday, 1/12/10 weighing in at 9lbs 12oz and measuring 21 1/2 inches long.
But not without some drama to be sure...

I got there at noon on Tuesday and didn't get started up till about 1pm on the pitocin. Things finally started happening around 4pm and I got really uncomfortable. The baby was in an odd position, so they couldn't monitor his heart rate, so I had to lay down for a lot of the labor which was SOOOO uncomfortable. Then, once the monitors were on, his heartrate was going down after the contractions, so I had to keep moving to try to help the baby adjust. Around 5:30 I was getting really, really uncomfortable, and the doctor came in and broke my water and attached an internal monitor which did allow me some ability to move around.

Right after that, I got my epidural. The epidural guy was AWESOME. He got it in place quickly. As soon as I got comfortable, the epidural caused my blood pressure to go way down. In the meantime, the baby's heartrate was still going down after each contraction, so the nurse was with me most of the rest of my labor, moving me around, putting oxygen on, trying to keep my bp up, and the baby from having heartrate decellerations.

During one of the exams, the baby put his hand down, not quite out of the cervix but she pushed it back up. I was dialating pretty well but the head was staying high. The nurse was really supportive but I got the impression that she was doubtful that the head was going to come down. She never said that, but she was very much in "wait and see" mode.

When it came time to push, they were very concerned about the shoulders and I had 2 nurses (plus the baby's nurse) so it was a little nerve wracking. They had me first sort of sit on the edge of the bed and push into the matress to bring the baby down. I was pretty concerned because I couldn't feel where I was pushing exactly. Finally, the head was down far enough, and they had me lay back. All of a sudden, I could feel the baby perfectly. I didn't push for that long at all really and pushed him right out! It was scary because I could feel it all, but they were all impressed with my control, so I hardly tore at all.

When he came out, all the nurses were like WHOA, he's definitely over 10 lbs. Then, when they put him on the scale and he was 9lbs 12oz. I was soooo happy she let me try a vaginal delivery.

He looked like Matthew at first but now he looks just like pics of Josh. SO far he's pretty quiet and sleepy but I'm sure that will change.

I'll upload some pics later..... if you made it this far congrats! I am soooo excited and still cant' believe our family is complete!

Old 01-14-10, 04:27 PM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Weekly Activity 920%

Yay! Congratulations! he is a big boy - glad he is not as big as predicted! Can't wait to see photos! How are the big brothers?

Old 01-14-10, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Congratulations. I can't wait to chat with you, and see pics!

Old 01-14-10, 04:37 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

Congratulations Jeanne!!! I'm so happy for you!

Are the boys excited?

Old 01-14-10, 05:16 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

So happy to hear that you are both doing well! Congrats!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools