Baby Corner

Old 12-12-07, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.91%
Default Wednesday

Yay, it is Wednesday, the middle of the week!!!

How is everyone's week going? Anyone have any big plans for this coming weekend. I am just counting down to Friday and finally getting to see my doctor. And then my next countdown will be to the following Thursday, Den's last day of work till January 2, I am so excited that he is going to be home with us for like 2 weeks!!!

Old 12-12-07, 12:57 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 5.45%

Hooray for Wednesday! I just got back from a two-day trip last night, and it's nice to be home. I woke up yesterday morning in Indianapolis and didn't know for about 3 minutes where I was

How exciting that you get Denny at home for such a long time! My company shuts down from 12/21 to 1/2, but I have to come in a couple of days (12/26 and 12/28) to just cover my department. It's overtime pay, which is fine, but it would have been nice to get the whole 11 days off in a row!

Old 12-12-07, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

He has to take 4 days of vacation I think, but it is nice that he gets so many days off, only having to take so few days

It is nice that you get overtime for the couple of days

BTW, I finished Knocked Up and loved it! And halfway through Cocktails for Three and really enjoying that too!

Old 12-12-07, 01:13 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 5.45%

Wonderful! I just loved Knocked Up, although I thought she was a little shallow with her elective C-section and all.

By the way, did you see last summer's movie Knocked Up? I don't know if you had read that Eckler is suing the filmmakers saying they stole her story. I didn't think they were AT ALL similar, did you?

Old 12-12-07, 01:21 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

Yup, saw Knocked Up and don't think they have anything in common, and I agree on the book, she is very shallow but I think that is what I found hilarious about the book that someone could be that self absorbed...

It was funny, because someone just read Wiped and was telling people that it was the worst book she ever read because of how Eckler was so all about herself and her nanny etc...I still plan on reading Wiped because I think I will enjoy it!

Latest Articles
Conceiving Quicker Doesn’t Mean Your Baby Will Be a Boy
Of all the old wives tales about gender selection, one, conceiving quicker means you will have a boy, has been debunked.

Benefits of Breastfeeding For a Year or Longer
Only 27% of mothers breastfeed their babies for one year, even though there are benefits abound. Learn the benefits of nursing your baby for a year or longer for both your baby, and for yourself.

October 2014 Celebrity Births and Pregnancy Announcements
Get the latest celebrity baby gossip including who recently has a baby, and who has just announced their expecting, in our monthly celebrity baby and pregnancy update.

2014 High Chair Buying Guide
If you are not sure which high chair to buy for your baby, take a look at our recommendations that are safe, and easy to use.

10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools