Baby Corner

Old 02-19-08, 11:08 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

wow jen...wow.

i hope Preston comes ASAP...

and, after reading Rudi's post, i cant believe i didnt get an epidural. what the hell was i trying to prove?

Old 02-20-08, 12:57 AM
Inner Peace=World Peace

Thanked 82 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

IA with you in not wanting to deal with the more intense labor pains produced by pitocin. And I read that bc labor is started by pitocin, that the natural pain relievers your body produces in NOT produced with induction. So, you get a double whammy! I'm all for epidurals, but I'd like to go as far as I can. With Alex I got to 6 cm before the tears came and I couldn't breath through it anymore.

that Preston cooperates with your wishes. You are doing SO great!

Old 02-20-08, 07:29 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I really hope Preston makes his appearance very soon Jen and that you get the delivery you want. Fair play to you for not wanting an epidural I can't imagine not have pain relief even though this is my first time. I have heard from countless friends and family members that the second time around can be a completely different experience and I hope and pray that this happens for you.

Old 02-20-08, 08:33 AM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm all for epidurals, just want to have the opportunity to see how I do on my own first.

With the thought of getting pitocin I'm already mentally defeated by the fear of pain so I have to get an epidural (which honestly was really nice with Cora

) So I'm not trying to be a superwoman or anything - just want the opportunity to work with my body without interference from inducing drugs, the hospital environment, etc. Heck - I'll probably only make it to a 5 then start asking for an epidural.

Latest Articles
Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

Can Recurrent Miscarriages Be Prevented?
Research is now pointing to uterine natural killer cells to miscarriage which may provide a treatment to prevent future miscarriages in women.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools