Baby Corner

Old 09-20-09, 08:15 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default What have you prepared so far?

All I have done is buy a small amount of newborn sized items and dig out the neutral newborn clothes from dd. I feel like I had done so much more by this time when I was pregnant with dd! I think I am going to buy a baby book this week so I can get started!

Old 09-20-09, 08:48 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

I was going to post something just like this.

I am really unsure this time of when to start doing certain things. I guess part of it is that I'm still in shock with every little kick and punch he gives me.

I have bought all the 0-3 and 3-6 months clothes I plan on buying. I got out the meager amount of baby clothes I didn't sell. I bought some breastmilk storage bags, breast pads, Lansinoh cream. I have some feelers out on a used bumbo and bouncy because I also sold those.

I'm still not too sure when to move Matthew into Josh's room, and when to get the nursery ready, etc. It seems silly to put both boys in one room and let the nursery sit empty. On the other hand, time is going to go super-fast and I'm running out of room to put the baby's "stuff" since Matthew's in the nursery right now. Plus, this is by far the busiest time of year for us. With school, all the holidays, etc, and with having had a January baby before, I know that the time will go fast and I will get more and more tired as time goes by.

I also am going to have to get a new pump.

Other than that I'm trying to really enjoy the time with my 2 little guys before the third one comes.

Old 09-20-09, 11:35 PM
is gonna have to learn to take her belly pics facing AWAY from the light with her phone!!
Community Member

Thanked 9 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Started to buy some clothes, diapers (slowly just picking them up when there are sales/coupons), and some of the basic necessities.. bottles, pacifiers, pump. I assume since this is number one for us that the baby shower will bring a good number of items. Plus my oldest sister is sending me some hand-me-downs from when she had my niece. We are still trying to decide on nursery furniture, and we've been trying to figure out colors for the room before we pick out furniture.
Are there any little odds&ends type things that you veteran moms have purchased that have really come in handy with your newborn(s) that a new mom wouldn't really think to buy??

Old 09-21-09, 10:52 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I always ran out of burp cloths and neededt o have lots of clean outfits (for both of us) handy in the changing area-dd had reflux and spit up just about everything she ate for months! Having extra clean things in a handy location was key for me!

Old 09-21-09, 11:43 AM
is LOVING ALL MY BOYS!!!!!
Community Member

Thanked 125 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

To early for me still. I am only in my 15th week so I still have time. I did start to think about how to move around Step daughters room so we can put a crib and a shelf in. I have some used clothes that I purchased on Ebay with my last 2 pregnancies. They are for a girl though so if this one completely takes us by surprise and is a boy I guess I need everything.
I think someone will have a shower for us, several have offered already. I have already picked out the crib at babies r us. We will buy that probably in December. I have friends who have offered alot of baby gear and a friend who has a really nice breast pump she hardly used if at all who said I could use as well. One thing I want to buy new is a car seat. I will register for a lot of the little stuff and layette when it gets closer, maybe around 30 weeks?
I have an appt this friday and am wishing they would do another ultrasound and the maybe we could tell if it is going to be pink or blue for us.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools