Baby Corner

Old 08-27-07, 09:06 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Default what are your weeknights like?

we hardly ever do anything during the week at night...

the kids go to bed at 8:00 and then Dh and I sit on the couch and watch tv until about 11 or so..then Dh showers and goes to bed and i stay up and watch tv

boring huh?

what about you guys? what's your typical weeknight like?

Old 08-27-07, 09:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 174 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

nothing much exciting either. DH and I both work shiftwork, so when we get nights off together, we usually just hang out cook dinner, and watch a movie, or in the winter, whatever favourite show is on. Tonight is Canadian Idol though, and it's down to 4!! I can't wait!!!!

Old 08-27-07, 09:10 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

Usually, DH gets home at 4:30ish...we eat by 5:30ish, clean up the kitchen, hang out with B and play till 7ish, then give him a bath and get him in his pj's, he has his milk and we brush his teeth, play a bit more sometimes read to him, if he actually feels like sitting still, then DH spends time on his computer and I do the same while we watch a couple of shows, and are usually in bed by 10ish, and we read for 30 minutes - 1 hour depending on how tired we are!

Old 08-27-07, 09:17 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

Make dinner, do the dishes and clean up. Cora gets really grumpy at night so we just hang out all together until it's her bedtime. We do her bath, and put her in bed around 8. Then we'll usually watch tv together, or hang out on the computers until we go to bed around 11.

Old 08-27-07, 09:35 PM
OMG I have 4 kids! :)

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

Josh has been gone the past 9 days, so I've been online a lot more than usual in the evenings!!

I wish we had more consistency for our weeknights regularly though.

He rarely gets home before 6 pm and sometimes as late as 8 or 10. Worse, I rarely know when exactly he'll be home until the afternoon.

I would LOVE to have him get home at the same time every day so we could always have dinner together with the kids and have time to clean up from dinner and hang out as a family.

The way it is now, I either eat with the kids before he gets home or we eat a late dinner all together. He'll usually play with the kids a little while I take a shower or clean up from dinner or just do whatever misc things without the kids underfoot.

After the kids are in bed, we will sometimes watch a recorded show or read online. We actually just moved one of our computers downstairs to an office space for me right before the trip Josh is on, so now that we don't both have computers to get on in the evening, we'll have to figure out what we're going to do together! We're trying to make it a point to spend more time doing things together in the evening instead of each being on a computer or doing something separate.

I'm envious of those of you who seem to have a great system with your DH's to do things together and as a family in the evenings! I think that is great!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools