Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > January - March Due Date Club What's Been Happening/Birth Story (Very Long)

What's Been Happening/Birth Story (Very Long)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-17-08, 11:46 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%
Default What's Been Happening/Birth Story (Very Long)

Okay, I am going to try to give an update of everything that has been happening, but man, so much of it is a blur and the monitor is a blur right now, cuz of the morphine

Anyway, you all know that I was in pain on Sunday. I even cancelled my pedicure, eyebrow waxing and massage

so of course it was awful

ha ha... I came home and slept from 4:00 - 6:30 or so, but as soon as I woke up, the pain was immediately back. Den insisted that I eat of course because "Lingo" needed it. So I gave in... finally by 9ish, it was unbearable, so we called Health Link and they were concerned it might be preterm labour and she said to head in ASAP. So we waited for Den's cousin to get over to our house, as Ben was asleep, and got to L & D about 30 minutes later. I was still in complete pain, so they kept trying to figure out what the issue was, by doing bloodwork/urine...etc... they found that it was gull stones and pancreatitis. That was furthermore accurately diagnosed by the ultrasound that I had on Monday morning. That being when they decided to induce me for sure.

So, lets see, after they figured out that was exactly what it was I saw the OBGYN resident and they put the gel stuff in at like 11am or something like that... apparently it takes 6 hours for the stuff to run its course??? I dunno, but they came back at about 5pm, and broke my water.. Bradley was born at 10:31pm, this time I ended up getting an epidural, because the pain that I was already having from the Gull Stones and the pancreatitis was so terrible, they figured off I was better getting it. anyway, so I got the epidural and was just feeling no pain by 8:30ish and the nurse was totally shocked by my progress, but could see how fast everything went with Ben, so they were pretty sure I would be in for a fast delivery again... Did I mention that the actual pushing was 1 1/2 pushes this time and including the time where they told me to stop pushing, from start to finish once I hit the 10cm, it was 8 minutes... Guess I lucked out again eh.

Tuesday, I had tons of pain and Bradley had spent the night in NICU, and he is actually still there because he had some problems with his breathing and the jaundice has come now, so they are monitoring him close. We spent all day waiting to talk to a doctor about what would be happening for me, and nothing...so it was a rather unproductive day. I guess it was a good thing that Bradley was in NICU, because between the drugs to control my pain etc.. it is relief that I don't have to be up every three hours for the feedings...etc.. I totally miss him though, so I am glad that I can go and spend as many hours as I want in there with him.

Wednesday, they told me that they were going to do an ERCP, but they got me all started and ready for that with the drugs etc...and couldn't actually end up doing it because I was so swollen inside etc... so it was impossible, so I was sent back still in pain, and now just waiting for all of this to settle down so that they can just continue with the gull bladder removal, hopefully in the next few days... not sure if it will be tommorrow or Saturday.. The pain was way worse last night, so they put in an NG Tube, so not fun at all, you really should see the crap coming out...

Today was another day of just waiting on doctors, more morphine and just trying to to control the pain, but I was able to actually get up and walk around today which was nice, so walked back and forth to NICU to feed Bradley... I brought my pump, so I have been pumping and dumping, and hoping that my milk will be good once the drugs are gone from my body and that I will successfully be able to breastfeed.

Not sure if this all makes sense or not, the screen keeps going blurry, lol, I am so tired, but I am no longer in a private room, which is no fun and I just really want to go back to where I was... I guess at least I now have the laptop and all you to keep me company...

Oh and I haven't been allowed to eat since Sunday when I got admitted, so yah, going on what 96 hours of no food what so ever, and not even allowed to drink water, just wet my mouth and spit it out!

Okay, well that is the extent of my story thus far, I am going to try to sleep or something... and hopefully I will have news tommorrow about getting my gull bladder removed and getting home to Benjamin and taking Bradley home! Thanks for all the thoughts ladies...I missed you all so so much...

Old 01-17-08, 11:55 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

OMGoodness Farah! What an ordeal for you! I know firsthand how painful gallstones are...SO sorry you are experiencing that. Hopefully they can get it out soon and you can get back to feeling better. Congratulations on your new son and

on only 1.5 pushes!

Old 01-17-08, 11:58 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

congratulations on Bradley's arrival safe and sound!
I hope they are able to fix you up so you are feeling better and can turn your attention to your new baby and enjoy your little guy.

Old 01-18-08, 12:48 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

Farah you have really had a week for sure!!! I'm so sorry to hear about all the pain, surgery, and little Bradley in NICU. How is he doing? Is his breathing getting better?

We all miss you terribly and hope you can feel better asap to get home and enjoy your little sweet new baby.

Thinking of you.

Old 01-18-08, 01:12 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

so sorry you have to go threw all this farah, kope your better real soon.

btw, you never said where the name bradley came from, love it
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools