Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > January - March Due Date Club >
When did/will you tell people?

When did/will you tell people?

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 05-31-09 | 01:05 PM
  • If you haven't told anyone, when will you? Who will you tell? How will you tell them?

I think I'm due first, but almost everyone knows already.

I told close family and 2 close friends when I first found out. Once my beta doubled, I told a couple more people and once we saw the h/b, I told more people, but not really on purpose. (I told a few teachers and one of them blew it at lunch on Friday.)

With my other 2 pregnancies, I told people sooner, but when I had my miscarriage this time it made me really hesitant. Not so much because I didn't want to have to "untell" people, because if Lord forbid, something does go wrong, my friends and family will know anyway. More because I felt like such a fool after my m/c. I don't know why but I felt like an idiot for making all these plans and just assuming it would all go well. I'm having a hard time this time, because I feel like if I get excited about it, it'll all end again. That sounds really stupid written down but makes perfect sense in my (insane) head!

Last edited by 3Princes; 05-31-09 at 01:09 PM..
  • amitrat amitrat's Avatar 06-01-09 | 10:35 AM
  • Jeanne, all your feelings are normal. I felt the same way - I had a "chemical pregnancy" before Kaitlyn, and was always nervous during my preganacy with her - unlike my first one. I can't say that the"fear" ever really went away. So, you are normal.

OT Question - do the boys's fabulous shirts still fit?

Thank you amitrat!
3Princes (06-01-09)
  • 3Princes 06-01-09 | 08:13 PM
  • They absolutely do! I'm thinking they can wear them to the hospital when baby is born. I bought them really big so they should still fit then. I think I'd be too freaked out to put them on before then.
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 06-01-09 | 09:12 PM
  • Your feelings make total sense. I was the same with Marek. I finally relaxed after I had to have my appendix out halfway through. I figured that if he made it through that he was here to stay!
Thank you rudolphia!
3Princes (06-01-09)
  • stephjbme4 06-01-09 | 11:13 PM
  • well i already told everyone whats meant to be will be meant to be i posted mine on myspace i update day be day today im on week 7 day 2 and proud so should you if something goes wrong you wont look like a fool you will look like a person who need friends all around you

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work