Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > January - March Due Date Club >
When did/will you tell people?

When did/will you tell people?

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 05-31-09 | 01:05 PM
  • If you haven't told anyone, when will you? Who will you tell? How will you tell them?

I think I'm due first, but almost everyone knows already.

I told close family and 2 close friends when I first found out. Once my beta doubled, I told a couple more people and once we saw the h/b, I told more people, but not really on purpose. (I told a few teachers and one of them blew it at lunch on Friday.)

With my other 2 pregnancies, I told people sooner, but when I had my miscarriage this time it made me really hesitant. Not so much because I didn't want to have to "untell" people, because if Lord forbid, something does go wrong, my friends and family will know anyway. More because I felt like such a fool after my m/c. I don't know why but I felt like an idiot for making all these plans and just assuming it would all go well. I'm having a hard time this time, because I feel like if I get excited about it, it'll all end again. That sounds really stupid written down but makes perfect sense in my (insane) head!

Last edited by 3Princes; 05-31-09 at 01:09 PM..
  • amitrat amitrat's Avatar 06-01-09 | 10:35 AM
  • Jeanne, all your feelings are normal. I felt the same way - I had a "chemical pregnancy" before Kaitlyn, and was always nervous during my preganacy with her - unlike my first one. I can't say that the"fear" ever really went away. So, you are normal.

OT Question - do the boys's fabulous shirts still fit?

Thank you amitrat!
3Princes (06-01-09)
  • 3Princes 06-01-09 | 08:13 PM
  • They absolutely do! I'm thinking they can wear them to the hospital when baby is born. I bought them really big so they should still fit then. I think I'd be too freaked out to put them on before then.
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 06-01-09 | 09:12 PM
  • Your feelings make total sense. I was the same with Marek. I finally relaxed after I had to have my appendix out halfway through. I figured that if he made it through that he was here to stay!
Thank you rudolphia!
3Princes (06-01-09)
  • stephjbme4 06-01-09 | 11:13 PM
  • well i already told everyone whats meant to be will be meant to be i posted mine on myspace i update day be day today im on week 7 day 2 and proud so should you if something goes wrong you wont look like a fool you will look like a person who need friends all around you