Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Working out?

Reply Post New Topic

• Izabel+1 Izabel+1's Avatar 12-22-08 | 12:22 AM
  • Does anyone here work out or do any form of a prenatal work out? Ive been doing yoga since my pregnancy began....... I went about a month with out working out because i had bad dizzzy spells and got winded real quick..... Now im doing the yoga and prenatal belly dancing since I loved belly dancing before I got pregnant? do u have plans on getting into a work out regime after baby? I bought myself a membership for a year to work out at a womens center after babies born...... I wanna be in the best shape for when I re enlist................... how bout u girls any post and prenatal work out plans?
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 12-22-08 | 01:15 AM
  • Nope. My gestational hypertention prevents me from doing much of anything. I like to walk early in pregnancy but once my blood pressure starts to rise, I'm forbidden from doing much of anything.

• tarziesgirl tarziesgirl's Avatar 12-22-08 | 01:18 PM
  • I actually started exercising daily the beginning of the year. It wasn't a New Year's resolution or anything, I just decided in early January I needed to start to do something. Since DH had purchased me an elliptical the previous Christmas I decided I had better start using it!

I started working on it for 5 minutes the first day, then 6 minutes the next and so on until I reached 30 minutes. That took me about a month, but I got to my goal and didn't kill myself because I was in bad shape. I still do 30 minutes on the elliptical everyday now, even PG with twins.

I am going to do that as long as I can since I think the work cleaning my mom's house has become too much for me. I can still comfortably exercise without overstressing myself or the babies.