Baby Corner

Old 12-11-07, 11:11 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default was this wrong for me to do?

So Ava has had a fever since yesterday around 1 pm. she needed motrin around the clock, and did not eat dinner last night. she was up a few times last night, just whiney and not herself. so this morning Mike heard her at 600 am, and went in and said wow she is burnong up. he was at work yesterday so really had no clue. so i had to work, but was not gonna take her to be around another child. So itold Mike togo back to bed, because i was gonna have to leave her home. i got ready for work, and wole him up at 800. he was freaking that he got little sleep getting home from work at 100 in the morning. but i am only working this job for 3 more weeks, and couldn't call in, so what was he thinking. he mae me feel bad for leaving her while sick, but i think he just was cranky about not sleeping today. i mean i know its hard to watch her all day on little sleep, but i do it, and after my work day i still have to be a mom. i mean i am lucky enough to take her with me to my job, but she should not come while having a high fever. i did the right thing right?

Old 12-11-07, 11:28 AM
is having another baby! Holy cow!!
Community Member

Thanked 196 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sounds like it to me... I'm sure it's no fun when your child is sick no matter who takes care of them. Plus, I wouldn't appreciate it if you brought your sick child around mine knowing they had a fever and weren't feeling well to begin with.

Old 12-11-07, 11:47 AM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

YEAP! I think you did the right thing. I'm sure he'll be just fine, even if he is tired. Just tell him to take a nap when she does.

Old 12-11-07, 11:49 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

You totally did the right thing. I totally agree, I wouldn't appreciate you bringing a sick child to work, and imagine if they got sick too, and you had numerous sick kids to deal with for your remaining days of work... I hope that Ava feels better and definetely don't think that you should feel bad about leaving her with DH...he got like 7 hours of sleep and if she is like a normal sick child, she will be resting all day and he can rest with her!

Old 12-11-07, 11:58 AM
Inner Peace=World Peace

Thanked 82 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Yeah, I get really upset when a parent brings their sick child (fever) around other kids (not runny nose/cough stuff). So, I would also appreciate your attentiveness and consideration. I sure hope she feels better soon. Both moms and papa's have to help out in these situation. Sorry he's being so grumpy about it.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools