Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   January - March Due Date Club (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/january-march-due-date-club-491)
-   -   once the baby's born (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/january-march-due-date-club-491/once-babys-born-395678)

3Princes 12-18-09 09:44 PM

once the baby's born

Is anyone going to help you once the baby's born? Will your SO stay home with you at all once you get home from the hospital?

Dh thinks he's going to stay home for a week but I think he's going to stay home for 10 days or so. Other than that, I won't have any help at all with the baby. The ILs might offer to take the boys (the older 2) but they won't come over and help me out or help around the house with anything. My mom will likely come over too and expect me to "entertain" her. Ain't gonna happen :laughing:. It's all good though because I guess things get done the way I want them or not at all, eh?

miss.mizer 12-18-09 10:25 PM

Ill luckily have my mom, she was laid off right after thanksgiving so shell be helping me till she gets another job. DH has a week of vacation but since Hes the only person bringing in money ( they pay your vacation days all at one time, after each year anniversary, so if he takes the whole week off that means no paycheck) so hell take a few dayi of but i doubt the whole week.

teddybear1082 12-18-09 10:29 PM

Dh is taking off a week or so-but not while I am in the hospital. My mom adn MIL will watch dd while I am in the hospital and dh is at work. He will take off the day I go in and the day I come out as well as a week after that. (assuming it is a section as planned and I am in for 5 days). My Mom and MIL have both offered help too. They both have days they can take to come over and entertain dd while I focus on new baby. My Mom also works around the block from where I live so she said she will come check on me at lunch if I want-although she offered this before dd was born and never once did it, so we shall see!

Mommy2KNIH 12-18-09 11:42 PM

:lurk: Wow Beth, you have to stay in the hospital for 5 days? Thats insane. Here if you have a C-section you stay in the hospital for 2-3 days and then your out. For vaginal birth it is 1-2 days.

3Princes 12-19-09 02:40 AM

Just some food for thought... for the second baby, you will likely want someone to come and hold the baby for awhile while you give your firstborn some attention, especially after being in the hospital for several days. Someone told me this (actually on here) when I was expecting Matthew and it was true. Even though they have Daddy, they will want YOU. My MIL and I don't have a ton in common but I asked her to just come here and hang out so I could have an extra pair of hands to help with either child in case Josh wanted my attention. This made it less like *I* had a new baby and more like *we* had a new baby. Of course I still needed my quiet time with the baby too.